Chapter 13

I guess it's a bit weird to say it's a year later? But me and Hinami have live in hiding for a whole year. A whole year with no contact with anyone from the 20th ward. We've enjoyed our lives here but enough is enough. I miss kaneki.

"Hinami?!" I shout.

Hinami runs over. "Yes?"

"Were going now. Are you fully packed?" I asked.

"Yep packed and I've even put it all in the car" she said smiling. I looked around at the empty apartment. Aimi walked over. "The hair makes you un-recognisable." She said hugging me.

She walked us to the car and waved us off an we drove away.

We got back to the 20th ward and mr Yoshimura was there. I carried Hinami out of the car as she had fallen asleep and walked over. "Its night time and she's tired" I said holding her. He handed me back my old apartment keys. "I'll help you unpack" he said smiling. I carried Hinami upstairs and put her to bed then helped Mr Yoshimura unpack.

Everything apart from Hinamis stuff had been unpacked. Mr Yoshimura had left and I was wide awake bored. I smiled and walked to touka's apartment. I heard giggling and then she opened the door. "What?" She asked miserably. "Who Is it?" Someone asked. She flung the door open and Hide was sat on the floor whilst a boy with white hair sat on her counters.

I panicked and walked away so she shut the door and ran over.

"Don't ignore me." She said nastily.

"Shhhh. You'll wake Hinami." I said smiling.

She looked at me confused. "Taiga? Why is your hair black?" She asked.

"I dyed it so I don't look the same."

"And it's shorter then it use to be. an you dress differently"

"Yeah I know. I've changed."

Touka hugged me. "I've missed you and Hinami" she moved away. She grabbed my arm and dragged me into the room.

The boy with the white hair walked over and pressed me up against the wall.

"Kaneki!" Touka hissed. "Leave her alone"

"Why." He said.

"Kaneki." I said quietly.

He looked at me and moved away. "What taiga" he said.

"Taiga" Hide said happily. He ran over and hugged me. "Your hair is different" he said moving away awkwardly.

I looked at Kaneki. "So's yours" I said confused at how much he changed.

"I know what happened to you but I didn't know it had this much of an effect on you" I said.

"How do you know what happened." He asked backing me up against a wall again.

"Kaneki" touka hissed, again.

"No. It's fine. And I had a friend, Aimi. She erm she kept watch on all of you and reported back. She told me what Jason did to you" I said going to put my hand in his cheek but he grabbed my wrist. "Don't act like you understand what I went through." He began smiling creepily. I pulled my wrist away. "You didn't show up when I needed you most."

"I'm sorry. She didn't tell me until you were safe"

"I don't care you still could have come to help me"

"And put Hinami at risk"

"Always about Hinami"

"She's my niece what do you expect"

"Will you two shut up!" touka shouted.

Everyone turned to face touka.

"Taiga and Hinami are back. Can't we all just acknowledge that. They're both safe and alive. Kaneki is safe an alive. Will you two stop arguing because she left. She did it for Hinami. Get over yourself Kaneki"

Kaneki looked at me and stormed out.

"I'll go." Hide said.

"No. I'll go" I said chasing after him.

I ran and jumped on his back. I kissed him lightly on the cheek and jumped off. "I'm really sorry for leaving you" I said as he turned around. He grabbed me and hugged me.

"I loved you. And I thought you were never gonna come back."

My body relaxed in his arms. I slowly put my arms around him. "I know. I'm sorry"

I looked up at him and slowly stood on my tip toes and give him a kiss.

"What about Hide?" He asked just as our lips were less then an inch apart.

"You're right." I said moving away.

Kaneki looked at me and smiled.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him" he said practically picking me up.

And just as out lips were less then an inch apart I spoke. "But what he finds out will hurt him."

"If he finds out"

"Which he will"

Kaneki put me down. I looked up at him. "White hair looks good on you."

He smiled. "Black hair looks good on you. Although I did prefer your fiery hair"

"Tell Hide and touka I'm going home. I'm tired I've unpacked and everything already so I'm exhausted."

I went to walk of an he grabbed my hand.

"I love you more then words can describe. I need you more then you could imagine. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and if Jason taught me one thing it was how quick things can go awry an to go for what you want before it's too late. And I want you. I'm crazy about you taiga." I smiled and slowly pulled my hand away. I walked up to him and kissed him on the end of his nose. "I love you too......kaneki ken." I moved away and walked off. I stopped right outside of my door and turned around. "Goodnight" I said smiling as I walked into my apartment.