Chapter 90

"Akio!" I shouted as he began grabbed things from Kanekis cupboards. "What are you doing?" I asked perching up.
"Sit down!" He shouted. I sighed and relaxed into all of the rope he tied around me.
"He began to walk through out the house covering it in things that were highly flammable and then walked over to me.
"I'll get you out all in good time" he said before kissing my forehead. He grabbed a match and struck it before dropping it on the ground.
"Let's get you out Of these ropes." He said grabbing a knife and cutting them all off. He pulled me up by my arm but I pushed him away.
"You don't get me. You realise burning my boyfriends house to the ground does nothing for you" I pushed past him and ran to the fire and tried to put it out. He pulled me by my hair so I kicked him away from me.
"Stop with the hair grabbing" I shouted just as he grabbed me and threw me across the room before covering me.
"What are you doing?" I asked just as a little explosion went off.
"I forgot about things like aerosols. They touch fire and they blow up. We gotta get out of here right now"
"Wait? Ghouls like us can't heal if they burn? Can they?"
"No. They can't now lets go"
I saw a can of hairspray by the bed so I picked it up and began to spray it all over Akio.
"Shit! Taiga no" he shouted trying to move away. The fire spread fairly quick through out Kanekis little house so covered in a highly flammable substance, you were bound to catch fire soon.
We were now both trapped in a room with fire blocking the door, the only way out was the window. So obviously I blocked the window.
"Taiga...move" he said calmly.
"No."
"Taiga"
"No."
"Fine" he walked over so I began to fight him off. "Wow. Feisty"
"I'm not letting you leave here alive" the door was now on fire and any minute the fire would spread.
"We've had our differences-"
"- you killed my boyfriend."
"He was a difference. Anyway, like I said, we've had our differences but do you really want me to die?" He said
The room was full of smoke but if I crouched down to avoid it he'd go out of the window.
"Taiga this fires pretty close" he said as the fire was now in the room. I nodded and kicked him into it. I could hear him screaming but i chose to ignore him. Now, it was time for me to get out the window. I couldn't see properly or even breathe for that matter. I tried smashing the window but it was no use.
"Taiga!" Raiden shouted from the other side if the window. I put my head against the warm glass. "Move!" he shouted. I took a step to the side and he smashed the window before pulling me out.
"Just try and breathe for me. The firefighters and ambulance will be here soon" he said cradling me.
"Are you okay?" Naki asked crouching next to me.
"Yeah. I'm just dirty because of the mud. But I'm not hot now because of the rain" I sighed and sat up. "it's good aside from clothes, all of Kanekis things are in the 20th ward"
He smiled and nodded.

When the ambulance people got here all they did was give me oxygen, there wasn't much they could do. When the fire men got here and after they sorted the fire out, they told me the house was completely ruined but that's all they could tell me as it wasn't my house. Although, they managed to save one picture, and as far as I'm aware it was Kanekis mother. I nodded an held the picture frame with one hand and the oxygen mask with the other.

"What the-" someone said. I turned around to see Kaneki and Ayato walked towards the empty lot.
He turned to see me covered in mud and sot and holding an oxygen mask and instantly ran over, but then the coroners van pulled up and Akios body was put inside.
"Who's dead?!" He asked shocked. I gave him the picture frame.
I slowly moved the oxygen mask away from my mouth.
"Akio was still alive. He heals like Noro.
I should have told you...I'm really sorry, now your house is gone and it's all my fault"
"My house may be gone but my princess isn't" he kissed my forehead and sat next to me. "What's this?" He asked picking up the picture frame.
"That's what they managed to save"
He cracked a smile. "It's my mum"
"I thought it was."
"Hate to cut this short but Taiga are you coming?" Raiden asked.
"Yeah. Wait! Where are you gonna stay." I asked looking at Kaneki.
"At mine" Ayato said looking away. I nodded.
"I'll see you tomorrow then" I said standing up.
"See you tomorrow" Kaneki said nodding.