Chapter 44

Unknown POV
I walked out of the shop and sighed. I held my two heavy bags and began to walk home. I looked out into the long road and decided it would be quicker if I walked the back way. I began to walk as I heard shouting. I turned around to see a man with blue hair emerge from the darkness. It wasn't long before I realised it was a ghoul after me. I dropped my shopping and ran but he appeared in front of me.
"Who are you?" I called out.
"Your worst nightmare" he grabbed me by my t-shirt and flung me against the wall.
"Help." I screamed looking down at my leg. It was definitely broken. "Please. Someone help" I screamed as this vicious ghoul made his way over to me. I closed my eyes and waited for death to rescue me.
"Leave him alone" a girl shouted. I opened my eyes.
"Your not death" I said confused.
"Your observant." She nodded sarcastically.
"What are you doing." The blue haired ghoul asked.
"Saving your ass now leave. If Touka finds out you are fucked. You worked so hard to try and build bridges...don't burn them." She spoke with passion.
She walked over to me and stood under the street light, giving me a better view of her. She was very small yet her hair was down to the back of her knees. She was dressed in some sort of uniform. Her eyes were huge yet filled with mixed emotion, all negative emotions to be clear. She held her small hand out so I looked up and took it. She pulled me up and I was shocked at her strength. But obviously I had hurt my leg so as I went to fall she caught me. She put my arm around her shoulder and her arm around my waist.
"I know someplace we can go to have that looked at" she said kindly.
"The hospital."
"Actually no." She said walking along with me.
She led me to a café. She walked me upstairs to a set Of apartments and sat me in hers and on the sofa.
She grabbed a pair of scissors and walked towards me.
"Hey hey hey!" I said as she knelt down.
"Shut up." She then cut my trouser leg in half to look at my leg.
"No compound fracture so that's good. The knee is in the right place, so's your foot. Looks like your ankle is fine."
She gently lifted my leg up. "It's swollen and bruised you can either stay here or the night or I can take you to the hospital." He sat next to me. "I apologise on my friends behalf but I need you to not say a ghoul attacked you and did this."
"Why not? All ghouls deserve to die." She stood up and walked towards a picture frame and threw it at me.
"That my sister. Now some people may say ghouls have no feelings...yet she killed herself to protect her daughter..." she walked off and threw another picture frame at me. "...My niece. I saved your life I have feelings? Do I deserve to die?" She sat on the table next to the sofa. "You seem like a reasonable person but if you dare say anything like that again I will have to kill you" she sent me a gentle smile and winked. "It was a joke. Calm down"
"Taiga!!" Someone shouted. A young girl ran in...the girl off the picture. Followed by a tall blonde haired boy.
"Who's this?" The boy asked.
"Ayato tried to kill him so I saved him" she stood up and kissed the small girl in the head and looked at me.
"So what's it gonna be. Do all ghouls have to die or are you going to let me prove to you that just because some ghouls are bad that doesn't mean we all are. You may have heard stories about ghouls that kill for fun but there are many more that stay hidden. Her mum, my sister was a special kind of ghoul that didn't kill for food she went after people that killed themselves and are them."
"Taiga here is a good ghoul. She saved my life from bad ghouls before. She did knock me out but I was being a pain in the arse." The boy said smiling.
"I'll stay here then....if that's okay?" I said to the girl. she smiled.
"That's fine. I have some trousers that might fit you if you want."
"In the morning that would be great but for now I'm fine thank you." She nodded and smiled. "You can have my bed tonight" she said smiling. She helped me up and guided me to her bed.
"Thank you for this, and I'm sorry for what I said about ghouls. Honestly I've never been this close to one and I'm just sort of nervous. I've only just met you and your being so nice to me and I was so rude"
"Hey. It's fine but if you're staying in my house id like to know your name please."
"Oh sorry yeah it's Kaito."
"Right I'm Taiga my niece is Hinami and the blonde boy is Hide. Someone called Touka will be dropping round at some point along with Ayato."
"No. Not him please"
"Seriously...he's tried to kill all of us. He tried to kill me and Hinami. He's Toukas brother. He has a lot of issues and were trying to help him."
"Okay. Fine. I trust you."
She smiled and walked out closing the door behind her. Today I was saved by an angel....an angel that was also a ghoul....weirdly enough.