Chapter 43

I'm downstairs in the café serving coffee to random strangers and I'm happy for once. It's been a few weeks now since anything major has happened. Ever since I threatened Akio I haven't heard anything...Hide has a girlfriend now but he says he still loves me and to be honest I still love him and now that Kaneki has left it's hard but I've been with Nishiki and Kimi a lot more and they're helping me take care of Hinami. Yoshimaura is now like my dad he literally helps me with everything. He often comes round to see how I'm doing if Hinaminis okay. Yomo delivers food for us both an Mr uta an itori come to the café a lot more to see me as they've taken a deep interest in my life ever since I injected uta with that fluid...
Hinami has been enrolled in school and she starts tomorrow, hide is coming over to tell me how to take her so he should be here any minute now.
Oh wait...right in schedule.
"Hey" he says walking over.
"Hello." I say smiling. I look at Touka and she nods, signalling she can handle the café for now, so I walk off with Hide and sit upstairs with him.
"Sohara is still getting threats. I honestly don't know what to do." He said sulking.
"Please tell me this time you've saved the letter" he nodded and pulled out a lavender piece of paper. It's anonymous but it doesn't take a genius to work out this is Tskiyama. "He can't leave us alone" I shout scrunching the paper up and throwing it at the wall.
"Who is it?" He asks.
"Tskiyama" I say sobbing. Hide moves closer to me and pulls my head I his chest in an attempt to calm me down. "I miss him" I whisper crying into his shoulder.
"I miss him too" he says stroking my head.
"I left twice but both times were to protect Hinami. He left for his own selfish reasons"
"He's only been gone a month"
"A month after everything that happened. He left two days after I was nearly killed." I moved away and wiped my cheeks. "He doesn't care about me and he never will" I say standing up.
"I'm gonna go but I'll come here tomorrow at 7 to see Hinami off to school so I can show here the way." He kissed me on the cheek before running off. I followed him down the stairs to see Sohara. She smiled and waved at me but I ignored her.
"Not her again" Touka said sighing. This girl inevitably annoys all of us.
"hey girls" she said waving.
"Hide read the sign" Hinami said pointing at the 'no pets' sign on the wall. We all laughed, including Hide but Sohara wasn't impressed...she stormed out. "Bye girls" he said waving. "Taiga your boyfriends here" he said laughing. I looked around and Ayato appeared. I smiled at him and he walked over. "Tell Hide to stop that." He said smiling.
"Can someone not take a joke" I asked smiling.
"Shh. And are you ready?" He asked Touka.
"Your an hour early." She complained.
"Just go bond. Me and Hinami have got this"
"Are you sure. Family can wait? If you need me I'll stay."
"Cheers sis" Ayato said sarcastically.
"No Touka were fine here. Anyway Nishiki's here now." I said smiling as he walked over in his uniform.
"Okay then. See you later" she said waving. She walked off with her bother and I sighed.
"Any news from Kaneki ?" He asked.
"Nope. I'm completely phased out of his life now." I say sadly.
"He wouldn't do that"
"His exact word before he left were... 'I'm sorry Taiga but you've got too much baggage and I need some time to think things through. I'll call you if and when I decide to come back'.
If that's not phasing me out then I don't know what is."
Nishiki shrugged. "Sorry to hear that. I know you really like him."
"Eh it's fine. I've got Ayato to keep me company anyway."
He elbowed my arm playfully. "Oh check you female hustler" he said sarcastically.
"I know. MVP me."
He smiled and pushed his glasses up. "Please don't say anything that stupid again. You'll embarrass yourself." He said budging past me to serve the customer eagerly awaiting their café refreshments.