Chapter 114

"Taiga!!" Aoi shouted.
"Don't kill Arima he's mine" I shouted trying to pull myself up. My hand slipped so I'm dangling off of a bridge holding on with one hand. I use all my strength to grab on with my other hand.
I look up and Aoi is holding his hand out. "Take it!" He shouted.
"I don't trust you!" I shouted back.
"You don't have a choice Taiga! You'll die either way then"
"You're really shit at convincing me to trust you!" I shouted.
"Take my fucking hand" he shouted. My hand slipped again and my other hand was slowly slipping. I squoze my eyes shut and let go of the bridge, but I wasn't falling. I looked up and Aoi had grabbed my arm.
"I got you" he shouted. I grabbed his arm with my other hand and he started to pull me up. I was so close to climbing on when an investigator stabbed him. "No!" I shouted. He let go so I fell again but when I opened my eyes his kagune was wrapped around me. He pulled me up and I killed the investigator that was fighting him. I turned around and looked at him in shock. "You saved me, twice?"
"You have to Learn to trust us." He said blocking me from being shot. "don't Go all kakuja on us!" He shouted before running off. I nodded and activated my kagune. I ran over and began to help them fight off investigators, I realised Arima has disappeared along with the road block.
"We gotta go now!"Takasu shouted. I walked towards the car when I heard a beeping noise.
"Taiga move!" Aoi shouted. I looked up at Takasu and he shit himself. He obviously grabbed Aoi and flung himself off of the bridge so I did the same. I clung on again and on the other side Aoi and Takasu were there.
"Taiga no!" They shouted just as the car exploded. I looked up and the bridge started cracking before crumbling from the middle and started spreading to me.
"Swing yourself over here!" Takasu shouted.
So I did, I started swinging myself back and forth but it was too late and the bridge broke so I activated my kagune and glided as far towards them as I could and a soon as I got as close as I could, Aoi caught me.
"Impressive." Aoi said.
"No! Tatsuyas body!" I shouted.
"I got him" Takasu shouted. I looked up as saw him holding him. I nodded sadly.
We eventually got off the bridge and to a field. In the middle of this field was a tree and I decided here would be a good place to bury him so Aoi an Takasu dug the hole and buried him. I sat by his grave and saw a daisy. I picked it an tied it around my finger.
I sighed at it before ripping it off and standing up. I was covered in sot and dirt and blood, so I looked really weird but I walked over to Takasu and Aoi.
"Thanks for everything but you two can go now. You were told to look after me today and you did your job."
"Why don't you come with us?" Aoi asked.
"I have a life here."
"Not anymore?" Aoi said confused. "whatever life you had here is gone. Go back to the 14th ward, it's safe."
"What about my family?"
"You mean your friends and Hinami?
"Yeah. Them" I said slightly creeped out by the amount of info they had on me.
"We'll get them too. Akio was well off and when he died his fortune went to me. The ball you went to, where it was hosted, it's his mansion. It's not under his name so the police or ccg have no business in checking it out. It's practically an off the books house."
"I can't have him in my life! He ruined it"
"I don't mean to be a prick but you have to think about Hinami now. Living there, whether it's his house or not, is what's best for her. I'll drop you off there and come back here to pick everyone up."