Chapter 31

I woke up smiling. I could feel today was going to be a good day. I climbed out of bed to find myself stepping on something...or someone.
"Hide! shit! sorry" I said helping him up.
"Ouch. And it's fine. Thanks for letting me sleep on your floor. Doubt I'll be sleeping so close to your bed again though" he said rubbing his stomach. I giggled a little bit and put my hand straight through his hair.
"Erm Taiga? What are you doing?" He asked smiling.
"Your hair. It's so soft" I smiled, as if in a trance. I climbed on to my bed and pushed him down to smell his hair.
"Wow. Smells like strawberries"
"Why are you such a weirdo" he asked batting me away. I jumped off the bed and wrapped my legs around him.
"Taiga. It's too early for this get off" he said sounding annoyed. Yet I continued to cling on to him like a monkey to a branch. "Taiga, seriously. Get off!"
I smiled up at him so he flopped on to the bed.
"Ouch Hide. Your stupid heavy body is crushing my leg." I said pushing him off me.
"Annoying when someone's on you this early in the morning." He said still not moving. I ripped my leg from under his body an we both burst into a contagious flood of laughter. I climbed on top of him and awkwardly shrugged off the laughter. He tucked my bangs behind my ears and smiled up at me.

Hide's POV
Taiga is looking down on me. Why does she have to be so beautiful. Her piercing green eyes, drawing me in like two green magnets as my face was completely fixed on hers. I tucked her long bangs behind her ears and a small blush worked it's way up her face.
"Maybe I should go get something to eat, quickly" I said awkwardly.
"Or we could stay like this a bit longer." She smiled.
I was never really good with girls and the last time I felt this way about her was when she was my girlfriend...or on the verge of becoming my girlfriend, and I messed it up then, but Taiga is different. She's rare. A force to be reckoned with. I can't lose her again. I won't lose her! I put my hands on the back of her head and pushed her head towards mine, causing our lips to crash in a passionate motion. I could feel her smiling through the kiss so I moved my hands. She moved back a little bit and smiled. "Were getting awfully close again." She said smiling.
"Yes we are. And now, I'm a lot different, I can look after myself." I leant in and kissed her again.
"Taiga?" Hinami shouted. Taiga flung herself off of me and ran towards the door.
"Hey." She said leaning up against the door, only opening it a slight bit, trying to keep me hidden.
"I'm going to Touka's apartment, she's taking me to the park with Kaneki in about an hour. You wanna come?" She asked.
"Yeah. Okay sure" taiga said tapping on the door with her fingers.
"You should invite Hide as well." Hinami said. She pushed past Taiga and smiled. "You two getting back together." She asked smiling.
Taiga scoffed. "Err no. We are just friends" she said smiling awkwardly, turning around for help.
"Oh, so 'just friends' kiss then" she said winking.
A blush made it's way up her small face. "Hinami, due to the way Kaneki feels, we would appreciate it if you kept this on the down low" I said walking over and putting my arm around Taiga.
"These lips are sealed." She said pretending to zip her lips. "So you're coming to the park?" She asked smiling.
"I guess so. If you go now we will meet you downstairs" taiga said happily. Hinami nodded and walked off. Taiga turned around and shut the door. "were horrible people" she said slowly sitting down against the door.
"No were not? I could have sworn I was with you before Kaneki anyway." I said crouching down in front of her. "He took you from me. And now all I'm doing is being happy..."
She stood up and nodded. "Guess you're right...today is going to be awkward as fuck though"