Chapter 25

"We have to get him something to eat" I said to Jason pointing at Hide. "He eats more frequently then we do. The deal was for you to protect him. Feeding him is protecting him!" I shouted.
"Calm down"
"No! it's been two days and he hasn't eaten! Get him some food or I will and I won't come back!"
Jason sighed and walked off. I walked over to Hide and sat next to him.
"I'm sorry about all of this" I said smiling up at him.
"Sorry for what? Were living in a penthouse? I may be starving but I'm alive...the ccg probably would have killed me by now" he said smiling.
"How can you do that? Make light of a bad situation whenever you want?"
"Well, I'm a person that can hide behind smiles. May not be healthy for me but it tends to help everyone around me"
"You shouldn't be thinking of everyone else but you. This a world where every mans for himself."
"It's good you're not a man then"
I smiled. "Guess so"
"How's you and kaneki?"
"I don't think there is a me and kaneki...I left him to the ccg" I said looking down.
"You didn't? You're saving Hinamis life"
"Yeah and how mad did he get last time when I left"
"You were gone a year"
"And who's to say I won't be away longer? I'm away from Hinami. My plan was to kill Jason not run off with him and then grab you last second"
"Come on, the ccg would've drained me of all the information I was worth and toss me high and dry to die"
"So you're saying..."
"Yes, you saved my life"
I smiled. "Thank you for helping me back then"
"The hospital? It was no problem, I mean I was hit around a bit but when they were tipped off about a group of ghouls it was easy to escape."
Jason walked into the room holding some food. "Here." He said throwing it all at Hide.
"Why did you really want me?" I asked standing up. "It's not because we share the same values because touka does too and you didn't take her"
"Touka isn't ruthless like you."
"To be ruthless you can't have a weakness. I'm prone to weakness like it's a disease. Stop with the bullshit and tell me"
He took a moment to smile sadistically. "The passion your heart pumps through your veins is inspiring. I'm not saying I envy the passion, it's just a nice trait to have. I also admire the fact your willing to die for your friends, makes you a suitable ally"
"I'm not your ally. I'm here on account of my friend and nieces safety."
"Yeah. But the longer we are In each others presence, the closer we will get"
"Do you think I could ever trust you? Ever begin to like or understand you? You tortured my friend to the point he died inside. It is just an emotionless zombie now!"
"I did It to make him stronger"
"I couldn't give a flying fuck as to why you did it! You did it and now, that boy that I loved, he's gone. The boy that would give anything to be human again, is gone. The passion I have, he had once too and guess what. It's gone because you took it from him. Excuse me if I feel forced into livin in the same house as you, but if it means keeping Hinami safe then so be it. Do not take my being here as a sign that I want to be your friend. I didn't think you'd be so naive"
I walked off into a room and slammed the door behind me. I did often love to make a scene but this just made me feel bad. I was confused as to why Jason still hadn't killed me or tortured me? Maybe he genuinely wants me as an ally but he can think again if he thinks I'm that stupid.