chapter 129

I sat in the car eagerly waiting for raiden when kaneki got in.
"I poured my heart out." He muttered.
"I've done that so many times. You never listened."
"Someone once told me that it's so important to find people that don't get angry or lose patience with you when you're irrational or insecure or downright ridiculous and that its so nessecary for the people that you love to treat you with gentleness and not to be made to feel like you're irritating or that you're a burden."
"Yeah and I lost my best friend and I'm not talking about hide. You left me when I needed you. You Hinami and raiden mean the world to me and you abandoned me. Now leave me alone so I can to the same to you."
"Don't you understand! You've abandoned me so many times. The taiga I loved abandoned me when the ccg had their way with her."
"Are you referring to me being tortured? Fuck you and get out of this damn car before I tear your head off."
"I will if you can look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me."
"I've already told you I love you so I can't do that."
"Then I can't leave"
"Dude after what you just said I will rip your head off if you don't apologise to taiga right now. Being tortured ruined her life don't bother talking to her like that. Treat her with some respect. "
Kaneki looked at me. "He's right. I shouldn't have said that. But you have to understand that I was tortured too. I don't understand what hurts people because I don't have emotions."
"Don't guilt trip me into Forgiving you now get out of the fucking car so I can mourn my dead boyfriend."
"Happy mourning something you never cared about. Call me when you're back because I want to talk when you're not acting childish."
"Childish? How dare you. I just had to kill my friend with my bare hands while i watched her rip apart my boyfriend."
"I'll give it to you, you loved annoura but you couldn't care less about Takasu nobody could. He'd an outsider."
"What did you just say?" Someone asked. We all looked and Aoi stood there still covered in his best friends blood.
"You heard me." Kaneki said opening the car door.
"Oh yeah why don't you come over here and say that to my face."
Kaneki got out the car which was an instant alarm for me to get out and grab him, which I did.
"Come on blue what you gonna do?" Kaneki shouted, as he began taunting Aoi.
"I'll fucking rip you apart" Aoi shouted back.
"Stop it." I said standing in front of kaneki.
"Come on eyepatch. Just throw her out the way, maybe you'll hurt her, we all know how much you love doing that."
"I never meant to hurt her."
"Oh yeah. Leaving her all alone to wallow in the snow as she watched her lifeless friend being dropped at the foot of the ccg sure looked like it was unitentional to cause her pain"
"I will kill you if you say another word."
"Bring it one eyed bitch."
Kaneki pushed me out of the way gently which just pissed me off.
"Fucking stop it right now!!!!!!" I screamed standing in the middle of them. "His body isn't even cold yet have some goddamn fucking respect both of you!" I shouted.
Kaneki coughed and backed off a bit as well as Aoi who was being held back by raiden.
"Please out of respect for me do not do anything while I'm gone please..." I asked on the verge of tears. "If you love me you will stop this and drop it. Please." I asked holding his arm.
"Fine. For you. I wont and I'm sorry about what I said. About you and Takasu. My condolences Aoi."he said before walking away.
"Are you going to come back?" I ask.
"I don't know."
"You don't know? You're leaving again?"
"You're leaving first. Going off with raiden."
"I just want to get away with someone that can keep my mind off things. "
"Then come with me. Two days that's all I'm asking. We can go and try and patch things up with each other."
I look at raiden and he nodds. "That's fine go. I'll be here waiting for you when you get back."
I look at kaneki as raiden throws him the keys.
"If you hurt her at all I will lkill you myself." Raiden said angrily.
"No you won't. I'll help you." Aoi said standing next to him.
"Thank you." I said hugging raiden before getting in the car.
"Taiga!" He shouted. I opened the window so I could hear what he had to say.
"If he hurts you in any way you tell me okay?"
"Raiden, stop worrying about me and just make sure Hinami and my café stay alive and well."
"Don't worry, when you get back this café will be crowded, making so much profit."
"I'm going for a day or two calm down. I'll be home soon." I said smiling. "I just need a break."
"Have fun and happy birthday." He said waving.
I began to go teary eyed as I grabbed my necklace from Takasu.
"Kaneki, do you really want to make this work?" I asked nervously as he started the car.
"I really do. Yeah."
"Then why did you leave me?"
"I didn't mean to leave you. Well I did but not leave just you. You all reminded me of hide and it killed me. If Hinami died you would leave just like you left when kaito died."
"I left because if I had seen Tskiyama or anyone involved in kaito's death I would have tried to kill them resulting in Hinami being in danger so I had to leave."
"Exactly. I know who killed hide and I had to leave."
"Wait. What? Who killed Hide."
"I'm not going to do that to you because it will kill you. Just drop it please. I don't want to talk about my dead best friend any longer. I just want to get away from here with my friend."
"Friend? " I asked feeling slightly offended.
"Yes friend."
"Is that all I am to you."
"Yes and you made that perfectly clear when you got into a relationship with Takasu. "
"Hold on. I got into a relationship with him because he was a rebound and you know that? "
"Still doesn't mean it hurts any less."
"Going away with you was a bad idea. I'm sorry I agreed."
"So youre leaving me again?"
I turned to face kaneki who looked like he was on the verge of tears.
I sighed and hugged him. "No. I'm sorry. I'll go with you." I sat back and faked a smile. "Let's go then."

We waved goodbye to everybody as kaneki drove away. I say back and relaxed. Things weren't bad and I guess I was happy now. Kaneki and me were finally going to patch things up and he might get the closure he needed.
"I'm really sorry about everything's thats happened between us." He said looking at me.
"Ah. This weekend is about letting loose and forgetting all of that. It's fine." I lent in and kissed his forehead.
I turned to face in front of me when a car pulled out.
"Kaneki!" I screamed turning the steering wheel then........crash. the sound of the impact echoed through my head. I could hear kaneki call my name softly, indicating he was injured but then the noise stopped. The view of broken glass and smoke disappeared turning to nothingness.