Chapter 12

Hide got out of hospital the other day, all he's been doing is coming to my house trying to apologise, sending me texts, ringing me trying to get Hinami to talk to me but no. I wasn't having any of it. For him to pull a stunt like that just shows the level of respect he has for me.

My phone begins ringing. "Hello?" I say

"Hi it's Aimi. You were looking to get out of the 20th ward right?"

"Yeah. I was" I say happily.

"I've found something in the 22nd ward. Katsushika ward."

"Yeah. What is it?"

"It's a two bedroomed flat. A kitchen, a living room, a bathroom with a bath and a shower and a dining room. It's quite a big spacious flat."

"How much is it?"

"Well because of all the work your sisters husband did the apartment won't cost anything but a helping hand in a shop, similar to the work you do at anteiku."

"That sounds really good Aimi. Thankyou so much. I just need somewhere safer for Hinami."

"I totally understand. give me a call when you want to talk about seeing the apartment."

"I will do. Thankyou for everything Aimi"

I hung up and stretched. "Who was that." Touka asked barging in through the door smiling with Hinami.

"It was Aimi. The apartment is ready."

Touka's face slowly fell into a frown. "So you're serious about leaving." She said bending down to match Hinamis face.

"Touka. Me and you have gotten extremely close over these past few weeks. You obviously love Hinami."

Touka nodded. "She's like family. You both are." she said smiling at me an Hinami. "Why don't you come with us"

Touka looked and me confused and slowly started standing up. "Are you being serious."

I nodded. Touka hugged me and then Hinami. "Yes. Yes." She said happily.

"It's only a two room apartment so we'd have to arrange something"

"I don't care. As long as I'm with you two. I'm fine" she said smiling.

"Where are you going?" Kaneki asked standing in the door way.

"Bye" Hinami said running into her room.

"I'll leave you two to talk" touka said running after Hinami. I looked at kaneki akwardly. "You might want to sit down." I said.

He smiled. His eyepatch made him look so adorable and harmless. "Oh I forgot I bought you a book." He said going into his bag and pulling out a book and sliding it across the table.

I held one of his hands. "Me, touka and Hinami maybe be leaving here to move 22nd ward."

"What?"

"It's safer there. Tsukiyama and Jason could still be after us."

"You're all just going to leave?"

"I'm sorry"

"I don't want an apology. I just don't want to be left alone. Taiga I have no one"

"Hinami isn't safe here..kaneki" I say sadly.

he looks at the book. "Are you definitely going?"

"Looks that way"

"Could I visit"

"Of course"

"Then I'm happy for you" he said forcing a smile. "but Hide will be distraught."

"He ended things with me. Maybe he should've thought about what he said before he said it"

There was a knock at the door so I walked over and looked. There was a letter on the doorstep.

Taiga,

Sincerest apologies for our short encounter a while back,maybe you and Hinami could join me for dinner.

All the best,

Tsukiyama.

"Hinami, touka were going today. now!"I shouted grabbing my keys. I ran over to touka and handed her the note. "He knows where me and Hinami live I have to go."

Touka looked at Kaneki. "I'm not going" she said sadly.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"I'm not leaving him alone, but you go. Get out of here now" she said picking Hinami up.

"If you go now I'll bring your stuff." Touka said.

"We'll bring their stuff." Kaneki said smiling.

I nodded. And ran to the car with touka and Hinami. Hinami go in and so did I.

"Thankyou so much for everything" I said smiling.

"Not a problem." Touka said stepping away from the car. I began driving off when I saw Hide holding a bunch of flowers. "Taiga ?" He shouted. "No? Where are you going." He asked chasing the car.

I stopped the car and rolled the window down. "Were leaving."I said

"No. Don't leave. Please" he said with tears welling up in his eyes. Touka ran over and grabbed him. "Go" she said looking at Hinami. I nodded and drove off......

A few months after being in the new apartment me and Hinami don't get out much. Aimi gets us our food and I work for her dad in a small shop. Things seem to be going great but how long can we keep this up?