Chapter 71

I opened my eyes and Raiden was on top of me, holding the car up with his kagune.
"You okay?" He asked.
"I'm good." I said confused.
"Climb out from under the car right now" he said holding it up still. I nodded and crawled out. He the dropped the car and slid out.
"Are you hurt?" I asked.
"No. Are you"
"No, thanks to you" I said smiling.
"Taiga!!" Hide shouted. He ran over and hugged me. I smiled and slowly relaxed into the hug, wrapping my arms around him. "I've missed you so much" he said squeezing me.
"I missed you too" I said smiling.
He moved away and wiped the tear off his cheek.
"Why didn't you ever come back if you were alive"
"I was scared what you'd all think. I was nervous to go back"
"You missed Kaitio's funeral."
"No...I didn't. I was there watching as..." I said holding back the tears. "As his body was lowered into the ground. I watched as Kimi cried and I saw the speech Touka gave but I didn't want to come back. It was too hard"
"We miss you so much... All of us do. Even Kaneki."
"Believe it or not, I've been with Kaneki using my fake name."
"There's no way he believed that Taiga. He's clever you know."
"I never said that he wasn't"
"There's no way a fake name would be able to disguise the fact that you are Taiga. Trust me. I knew straight away."
I smiled but as I did a pole went straight through Hide and into me.
"Hide!" I screamed. "Raiden help get him off." I said. He nodded and gently pulled him off the pole, I then pulled myself off. "Are you okay?" I asked kneeling down.
"Taiga stand still we have the place surrounded." Someone shouted. I stood up and looked around. Investigators were everywhere.
"What the hell" i whispered.
"It's the clowns." He muttered. "Jason and Rize did too much bad stuff attracting the wrong attention and now you have too. They killed Rize and gave Yamori to the investigators, set him up exactly like this."
"Just get Hide out of here please" I whispered. I held my hands out and was dragged into a van by a small boy with white hair. He sat in the van with me whilst they drove me somewhere.
"Where are we going?" I asked
"The detainment centre. They want some questions answered. They also want to know if you knew the purple haired ghoul...the binge eater."
"Why do they want to know that?" I asked looking scared.
"They just do."
Honestly at this precise moment all I could think about was how glad I was that Ryo had any legal information of me and her being related destroyed so they won't find a connection to Hinami or Anteiku.