Chapter 14

I put on my black skirt and wandered downstairs. Hinami was with touka so I didn't have to worry about her so I had the day to myself. I walked out into the street and smiled. "A day all to myself" I said happily.

"Hey"someone said jogging over to me.

"Hello kaneki" I said trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"Since you only got back yesterday I was thinking that maybe we could do something fun."

"Like?"

"We could go to the library"

"That's your idea of fun, not mine. My idea of fun is sitting down watching a movie.....by myself. Enjoying my own company."

"Oh. I was gonna see If you wanted a day to catch up and stuff, I mean you have been gone an entire year?"

Kaneki looked sincere, like he genuinely wanted to see me.

"It better be good" I said smiling.

I linked arms With kaneki until he guided me I his house.

He sat me down.

"I want to hear about your time away?" He said sitting across from me.

"Well soon after we got there Hinami made friends with Aimis daughter I made friends with her brother and they were our friends. They came round every so often with either food or coffee and we had game nights. Despite all of the fun, Aimis brother had headphones like Hide. He wore them all the time. It just made me think? Have I made a mistake choosing him." I looked at kaneki. "Should I have picked you? I loved you. Well I love you. And if I was in danger you're not as vulnerable as hide."

"Hide is my friend but he missed out on a great girl.

I smiled. "Not so much of a great girl if I lost you ."

"You could never lose me." He stood up and grabbed me, pulling me towards him. "And I'm never losing you, ever again."

Kaneki grabbed me and just kissed me.

You could say I'm a player. Toying with two best friends. But what is it they say? Don't hate the player, hate the game?