Chapter 34

Kaneki's POV
I dragged myself out of bed and got dressed. Despite the fact I feel like walking outside and grabbing myself a nice fresh meal I make myself a cup of coffee. I need Taiga in my life. I don't think anyone really understands how I feel for her? I wake up and she's in my mind. Before I go to sleep she's in my mind. In my dreams, she's there. She's. All I think about before I got to sleep and when I wake up...and when I'm asleep too. I don't have any time to think about anything else because she is everything to me. From the moment I met her I loved everything about her...except I couldn't do anything about it because Hide got there first. He's my unbiological brother and he went there first....I couldn't do that to him. So I have to love her from a distance which actually kills me more then Jason has. It's like I'm in sac of dead emotions, yet if it makes her happy I will plaster a smile on my face no matter how fake or impure that smile may be. I shrug off this selfish feeling surging through my veins and go to work...at least I'll see Taiga.

Taiga's POV
I wake up an get dressed quickly before walking downstairs with my uniform on. I tied my hair up in a ponytail just as I saw Kaneki walking in.
"Hello you." I said smiling as I leant I over the counter.
"Hello." He said closing the door behind him.
"Want a cup of coffee?" I asked sitting on the counter.
"No. Thanks. I had one before I left my house."
I jumped off the counter and walked round to Kaneki. I smiled up at him but he looked away. I grabbed his arm to stop him.
"I spoke to Hide last night" I said nervously.
He instantly stopped and looked at me. "I want you. He wants Touka." I slowly let go of his arm and he looked down at me and I could tell by the way his face lit up that he was happy. A smile slowly began to work it's way on his face. He put his hands around my waist and lifts me on to the counter so my face is level with his. He then puts his hands on the sides of my face. I put my hands on his shirt and pull him towards me reeling him in for a kiss. Just as we start to get into the kiss...properly the café bell for the door rings. Kaneki moves away to reveal Ayato stood there.
"Get out" I said viciously. I flung myself off the counter and went for Ayato but Kaneki held me back.
"Seriously? You two? She's tiny compared to you? She comes just below your shoulder. it's pathetic."
Kaneki wrapped his arms around me, having to bend down obviously.
"Let go." I said angrily.
"Just listen to what he has to say" he whispered in my ear. I stopped moving, still restrained by Kaneki and listened to Ayato.
"Satoshi thinks he's funny. I'm not working with Akio but I was. I know where he's hiding out and I will tell you if you can forgive me for what I've done before yesterday. I was sincere about the apology and the date. I am genuinely sorry. I'm building bridges and soon...I will apologise to my peace addicted wimp of a sister. like I said I'm sorry"
He went to walk off so I pried myself out of kanekis arms and grabbed Ayato.
"I believe you. You're sorry. I will trust you one hundred percent if you sit here an try to apologise to your sister? And if you apologise for mocking my height"
"I'm sorry for mocking your height and that you two are pathetic. I'm just jealous because I want you." He looked at Kaneki with a vindictive smile. "I normally get what I want. I'll see Touka-chan later. Bye"
I grabbed Kaneki as I could feel him getting angry and as soon as Ayato left I turned around and wrapped my arms around him.
"Ayato isn't going to have me. Neither is Akio. Neither of them will have me because I want you Kaneki."
I felt his arms wrap around me as he placed a gentle kiss on my head.
I moved away and began to do my job...serve random people coffee and snacks.