Chapter 123

I have been in the 20th ward for all of 30 minutes just standing, staring at the ruins of Anteiku. How did it come to this. I walked into the ruins and began sifting through some of the stuff when Hinamis keep safe box appeared. It was a metal box with a plastic handle. The handle had melted off but the box was still intact. I picked it up, ignoring the heat of it and put it in the car I came here in. I shut the car boot and drove of to Hides house. I walked inside and saw his favourite jacket and earphones. I put the jacket on over my red jacket just breathed in through my nose, inhaling his scent, like he was here with me.
"Taiga." Someone whispered. I turned around and Kaneki stood there. I didn't move neither did he.
"I-I-I came to look for you" I stuttered. "I was collecting some stuff and I presumed you'd be here"
"Why are you wearing his jacket."
"It smells like him." I said sadly. "I miss him too you know." I said slowly walking over. He didn't move so when I was close enough, I hugged him. He still didn't move but neither did I, I just hugged him tighter.
He moved his arms up slowly an pushed me away.
"I can't have this anymore. I need to be alone" he said.
"No." I grabbed his arm. "I love you and I'm going to stand by you." He looked at me with no emotion on his face whatsoever.
"You can't"
"I can and I will. No more running. For either of us. Were in this together. No more shitty stuff like being alone. Were gonna stick together. Through whatever gets thrown in our way."
"I can't do it!" He shouts
"Yes you can!" I shout back. "I'm not losing any body else! I'm not losing you!"
"You can't lose something you never had." He said pulling his arm away.
"You don't mean that" I said sadly.
"I know I don't. I do love you but I have to go"
"If you leave me Kaneki I swear there's no way me and you will ever be together again."
"Well then we'll never be together again" he said walking away. I stood there, crying silently before grabbing some pictures of hide and throwing them in a bag. I put the bag in the car and got in. I slammed my head against the steering wheel and began crying until someone started tapping on the glass. I looked up and Ann stood there sadly. I wiped my face and looked up at her shocked. "What are you doing here?" I asked as she got in the passengers seat.
"Your manager isn't dead. His daughter ate him and spat him out. I don't know where they are now?"
"Wait he's alive?!"
"Yeah. He spoke."
"What'd he say"
"Eto"
"Is that all he said?"
"Yeah. I think I saw Kaneki as well. He's fine-"
"-I know. I saw him he dumped me"