Chapter 72

I was chained to a chair and had been for a while now. The investigators seem to come and go with questions like 'did you know Yamori?' or 'did you know the binge eater' and I didn't say anything so they'd torture me. Eventually they left me alone for a bit.

I looked up at the ceiling and sighed. I honestly didn't want to die or to be in pain but I wasn't planning on ratting out two of my friends.
I heard the door open and close. "You may as well just kill me. I'm not telling you anything."
"I have something to show you."
I looked at the person as their voice sounded familiar.
"Amon" i muttered.
He grabbed his phone out of his pocket to show me a video.
"What is this?" I asked sadly, noticing Kaito was in this video.
"We received it a few minutes before we captured you." He said holding the phone out so I could see the video.
It was the footage of Kaito being tortured by Akio.
"Stop" I said looking away, squeezing my eyes shut. I could hear him crying out, shouting my name and I wasn't there to help him. I wasn't there to protect the guy I loved more then life itself.
"Turn it off!!" I shouted.
"Who is this ghoul?" He asked throwing his phone on the floor. "You may not have cared for him but he was my best friend!!" He shouted.
"How dare you say that! I loved him. What? Just because I'm a ghoul means I'm not capable of love?"
"He didn't know did he? You lied to him!" He grabbed the knife and held it to my throat. "Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't slit your throat."
"Because Kaito loved me too!" I shouted. "Whether I loved him or not he was willing to die for me!!! As his best friend you should be helping me not trying to kill me!"
"He didn't know!! He hated ghouls. If he knew-"
"-he did know!" I interrupted. "The moment I met him he knew and was willing to move in with me over his sister and father! What does that tell you about his love for me hey? You think you know everything because you have the fancy title as an investigator but you know nothing Amon! We have feelings too!!! If I didn't have feelings why are you hurting me? Pain Is an emotion just like love yet you seem to think ghouls are incapable of simple human emotions!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Torture me all you want, kill me even but you have a job that is authorised to kill innocent beings!!"
"I have never killed anything innocent"
"Oh so ghouls are damned as soon as we enter this life no matter what we do? My sister was innocent and you tried to kill her and my niece! A 14 year old girl?!! You are sick bastards and you can all rot in hell, but let me tell you this, you may think ghouls are demon-like creatures but you're committing acts of murder on innocent ghouls so whilst you're rotting in hell, us innocent ghouls will be up in heaven." I spat on the ground near his feet. "Killing me wouldn't punish me or anybody else, you just have blood on your hands. Do as you please. I don't fucking care. Just know your best friend will be watching over me and he will have seen what you have done to me and he will not be happy."
Amon moved the knife and put it down. "My best friend died because of you. I won't touch you for his sake but believe me you will pay." He sighed and stormed out. Someone else walked in...the white haired guy from the van.
"Ha ha Taiga" he said walking over. "Want to tell me how you are connected to the binge eater?" He asked.
"I was her partner. The midget with long firery hair."
"And Jason?"
"You think you can come hurt me then juice me of all the information out of me" I giggled. "You investigators are getting even cockier nowadays aren't you."
He shook his head and stabbed me in the shoulder. "It's a good thing that fluid hasn't worn off." He began twisting it around in my shoulder. I tried my hardest not to scream.
"Do you think that hurts." I asked. I pulled my hands out of the chains and grabbed him by the throat. I threw him on the ground and ripped the knife out of my arm and watched as the wound healed. He began laughing on the floor.
"Ah. I'm going to have fun killing you" he shouted.
"What?" I said confused. I heard footsteps from behind me and everything went dark.