Chapter 55

I was sat outside of Kaito's room all by myself. Amon was off trying to find the ghoul responsible for this. I don't think Kimi knows her brother is in hospital but I have no way of getting through to her unless I use Kaito's phone. They had to empty his pockets and they gave everything to me so I have his phone.
I unlocked it and found Kimi's number.
"Kaito. Hey what's up" she said happily. I began crying down the phone . "Wait? Taiga? What's wrong? Where's Kaito?"
"He was attacked he's in the hospital now."
"What?! Attacked by who?"
"What's wrong?" Nishiki asked in the back ground. I heard Kimi begin to cry. "Kimi what's up?" He asked. She handed him the phone.
"Who the fuck is this?" He asked defensively.
"It's taiga."
"What have you said to Kimi?"
"Kaito was attacked by Tskiyama he's in hospital the doctors don't know if he's going to make it." I said crying down the phone.
"Okay. We're coming we'll be there in a minute" he said hanging up. I sat on the chair outside the room..waiting for some news.
"Taiga?" I doctor called. I stood up and smiled nervously.
"He's awake and asking for you." the doctor said smiling. I ran in and smiled.
"Kaito I'm so sorry" I said hugging into him.
"It's okay." He put one of his hands on my face. "I love you" he said smiling.
"I love you too and when you're better were going to get out of here. We'll buy a house. Get married. It'll be a big wedding and we'll invite everyone. We can have children-"
"-2 boys and a girl. The boys have to be older so they can protect their sister." I smiled and nodded with tears streaming down my cheek.
"We'll get a cat as well"
He smiled. "Yeah. A cat." He looked at me. "You know I'm dying don't you?" I nodded trying not to cry mire then I was. "I'm sorry taiga. I disappointed you."
"No. Akio knew exactly what was going to happen. He knew he was going to die so putting poison on his kagune was the price he paid for revenge." I grabbed his hand and began to cry.
"I'm so sorry taiga. I really don't want to leave you."
"I know. It's just everyone I love dies. It's not fair anymore."
"I'm sorry. just think of the life we will have in the after life. We'll be together for ever."he faked a smile. "you're the best thing that ever happened to me Taiga. Tell Ayato I forgive him, I actually love him, if it wasn't or him, I would have never met my Juliet." and just like that, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and all the alarms started going off.
"No!" I screamed. "Kaito please!" I screamed again. I was instantly pushed and pulled out of the room.
"Taiga!!" Kimi shouted. I turned to look at her. My face was wet from the previous tears, but now it was expressionless because of the shock I was in. It didn't quite hit me, my Romeo would die. "she's not crying that's a good sign."
She ran over to me smiling until she heard the alarms and doctors fussing over her younger brother. "Wait? Is he dying"
"Kimi I-"
"-answer the question."
I looked up at her. "Yes" the alarms stopped so we ran in.
"Time of death. 11:55" the doctor said. Despite the fact I knew he was going to die, I didn't want to accept it.
"Nooooo!!!" I screamed kneeling by his bed.
"Kaito" kimi said crying. Nishiki held Kimi but my boyfriend wasn't here to comfort me...obviously because he was dead.
Nishiki attempted to pick me up but I began screaming. He moved away and I crawled over to my dead boyfriend.
"I avenged you. Please just don't leave me." I said crying. "wake up right now Kaito. Don't you dare leave me here alone. I left everything for you." I said crying my eyes out. "We were going to get married and have children and be a family. You can't die. Please Kaito please"
I climbed onto the bed next to him. "Please wake up. I can't live without you. Kaito please wake up." I cried into the pillow he was lay on. I could hear Kimi sobbing. "Kaito please. We need you. I need you" I began crying heavily.
"Hey Taiga. Come on let's go" Kimi said gently guiding me to my feet. I stood up and began crying.
"He can't be dead!" I cried.
"Sweetie. He's dead. But come on calm down" Kimi said stroking my head, acting strong for me when it was her brother that was dead on that bed.
I watched as the doctors covered his face with the sheet.
"Wait!!" I shouted. "I'm saying good bye." I walked into the room and stood next to Kaito. I grabbed his hand and began sobbing.
"I'm so sorry. This was all my fault. I got you killed. I tried to protect you but I just put you in more danger." I wiped my face with the hand that wasn't holding his and slowly leaned in towards him, kissing him on his forehead. "I love you, and I always will." I ran my fingers through his hair and put the sheet over his face again.