Chapter 4

I wake up to the smashing of a glass so I run downstairs to find Hide dressed in a uniform. "What are you doing?" I ask.
He stands up and smiles. "Kaneki ken is sick so I said i'd fill in for him today."
"That was nice of you." I begin smiling.
"Well I'm not very good so you have to help me. Grab a uniform and get ready. We open in 10 minutes." he says. I smile and grab a uniform from the room in the back and run upstairs to get changed and put my hair up in a pony tail. Wearing some black shorts, a white shirt, red tie and black waistcoat with a pair of high knee socks and a pair of red sneakers, I look ready for work. "Taiga." Hinami says yawning.
"Yes Hinami."
"Can I work. I want to help."
I smile. "I'm sure if you go downstairs and look in the room at the back you might find a uniform small enough for you." I say smiling. Hinami runs downstairs looking for a uniform.
I tap Hide on the shoulder as I walk past him to open the cafe. I sit on the cabinet next to the register and smile at hide. "What do we do now" he asks.
"We wait."
"Taiga!" Hinami shouts.
I run into the back room. "None of these fit me." She says sulking.
"I have a bright idea. You can tell human from ghoul because of your sense of smell right?"
She nods. "How about if you sit with me whilst I'm taking orders and decide wether they are a ghoul or not and what coffee to make them. You can make coffee right?"
"Yes mum taught me how to make coffee. really nice coffee for ghouls"
I smile. "That is your job. You may as well wait here until I shout you. Nobody's here yet."
She nods and sits down. I walk over to hide who is taking an order. "Mr Tsukiyama." I say in shock.
The man looks at me with surprise and excitement.
"Is this boy your friend?" He asks looking at hide.
"Yes. We're besties. Right taiga?" hide says smiling brightly.
I look at Tsukiyama. "What can I get for you?"  I mutter bitterly.
"I just came here for a cup of coffee."
I turned to look at Hinami and she nodded and ran off to make a ghoul coffee for this low life.
After it was made I walked over to where he was sitting and sat opposite him.
"Why are you really here?" I asked quietly.
"I followed your sweet scent. I just wanted to say what you did the other night was extremely inappropriate and rude... yet somehow very entertaining. I can see why you saved him now."
The man takes a sip of his coffee "Look, I wanted to speak to you because you are a very pretty young girl..."
"Get to the point" I say bluntly.
"Let me make you a deal. Get to know me, one or two dates and I promise to never hurt any of your friends, In fact I'll protect them."
"All of them?"
"Every single one" he says taking a sip.
"Deal."
The man nearly chokes on his coffee.
"I didn't think it would be that easy, but okay."
"You pick me up from here at 8. No later no earlier."
He nods. He steps up. "Au revoir taiga." he says walking out of the shop.
I slam my head on the table and groan.
"You okay?" Hinami asks tugging at my shirt.
I sit up. "Yeah." I say faking a smile. "How about you make me a cup of that amazing coffee." Hinami's face lights up as she runs into the back to make more coffee.
"Is she your sister?" Hide asks.
"No. She's my niece." I say smiling.
"You don't look alike"
"Yeah. I didn't look like my mum, dad, or sister either." I say grabbing Tsukiyama's cup and putting it in the sink.
"When Touka chan wakes up do you want to go do something for a bit."
"Like a date."
"No. Not a date. Don't be stupid." He says laughing awkwardly. "As friends a day out" he says smiling.
"Okay then. only for an hour or so. Don't want to leave Hinami alone for too long." Hide nods and smiles.
Touka walks down, dressed for work. "Touka can we go for an hour, before it gets busy?" Hide asks.
"Sure. Go ahead." Touka says grumpily.
Me and hide walk out of the cafe and he takes me to the park. There are ducks there so hide walks over to stroke on and it bites him. He runs over and lifts me up. "Dangerous ducks." he says as about 4 ducks walk over and start pecking at his legs. I begin laughing hysterically as he runs away, out of the park. He puts me down and sighs.
"I really hate ducks." he says rubbing the bottom of his legs. I continue laughing. "Oi. It hurts." he said playfully. I wipe the tears of laughter off my face.
"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I ask smirking. He hits my arm and walks off so I run up to him and jump on his back. "You can carry me around now, pay back for yesterday." I say wrapping my arms around his neck.
"You're really light."
"Shouldn't be a problem carrying me then should it."
Hide begins spinning around but I'm slipping off his back. "Hide stop!" I shout trying to hold on. I then slip and fall on to the ground, then he falls in top of me. "God, you are not light hide. Get off!" I say out of breath as I'm being crushed under hide. He laughs and gets up, helping me up after.
"Sorry taiga." he say happily. I hold my hand out and he looks confused.
"When I hold my hand out you take it." I say smiling. He grabs my hand and we take a nice slow walk back to kaneki's house. Hide uses the extra key and let's himself in. "Kaneki?!" He shouts.
"Hide?" Kaneki says running over. He sees me and a slight blush makes it's way up his face. "Taiga? What are you doing here"
"Oh I came... Uh... I mean we, came to check on you. Hide, do you mind if I speak to kaneki for a sec?" I ask
Hide nods his head and walks out giving us some space.
"Tsukiyama came into the cafe today and saw me and hide working."
"What did he say?!"
"He said he followed my scent there."
"Not possible. If he followed yours it means he could follow mine and he hasn't."
"He said he wanted to make a deal. If I go on 1 or 2 dates with him to get to know him he'll never touch my friends In fact, he'll protect my friends." I said confused.
"He doesn't know me and Touka are your friends, does he?"
"No why? Does he not like you?"
"He loves touka yet she hates him. And me... he tried to eat me then pass it off as a joke."
"I don't want to go on a date with him he'll try to eat me!" I shout
"No no. Erm I'll be near by watching over you. If anything goes wrong me you and touka can take him? He'll back off then, surely."
"No it's too risky."
"If you reject him he'll kill Hide."
I listen to kaneki because I know what he's saying is right. If I reject him he probably will kill Hide and I couldn't live with that.
"Okay you're right. But I go alone. I'm not putting you or touka at risk."
"But-"
"No buts kaneki. I go alone."