Chapter 23

We all waited for a sign of Jason but there was nothing. "Are you sure he's here?" Itori asked.
"Yes." Kaneki answered bluntly.
"Is it wrong that I find you oddly attractive" she said laughing playfully.
"Focus." Yomo said to her.
"She can be a bit of a handful." Mr Uta said poking me on my elbow.
"Seems quite bubbly" I smiled nervously.
"If bubbly you mean annoying then yes, I agree."
"Hello Taiga and Kaneki" Jason shouted. "I see you've brought some friends. Well so have I"
Jason and someone else made their way over holding two people. From what I could tell they were both girls, one bigger then the other, both tied up. They made their way closer when I could make out he had Hinami and Aimi. "Hinami" I screamed as Kaneki grabbed me. Itori and Mr Uta helped kaneki keep me from getting myself killed.
"Hinami here is very scared." Jason said dropping her on the floor. "No!" I screamed. I stopped moving as tears rolled down my cheek. "Trade me for her" I said calmly.
"What?" Jason asked.
"Take me but leave Hinami alone"
Jason nodded. "Fine."
I looked at touka who was shocked and scared. "You get Hinami." I said. Kaneki ran at Jason so he held Hinami up by her throat. "No!" I screamed. I ran over and got on my knees. "Take me. Please" I begged looking at Hinami, her scared little face ripped my heart in two. He dropped her on to the floor. She held her throat and began coughing. I grabbed her and hugged her. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. "Taiga. Don't be so brave. Please you let your attitude get in the way of your vision and you'll end up speaking without thinking and you'll get yourself killed." She said before touka ran over and grabbed her. I stood up, wiping tears from my face just as Jason grabbed me. Kaneki stood there clueless. He had no Idea what to do. I looked at touka and nodded. She activated her Kangune and ran away with Hinami. I pulled away from Jason's grasp and activated my Kagune.
He clicked his fingers and the man holding Aimi just killed her like that. "Aimi!!!" I screamed. I went to grab her when Jason grabbed my and held me up by my throat. He pulled out a needle. "Kaneki, care to tell us what this is?" He said smiling. Kaneki didn't say a word. "Okay. I'll answer for you. This here is RC inhibition fluid, when this enters a ghouls body, their kagune activity is surpressed. Once that happens, their body becomes non-resistant, and my knives will slice right through, she won't heal either. Not only that but miss zoom zoom won't be able to use that special trick of hers and run away." He injected me with it and threw me against the wall. I lay on the floor feeling weak and useless. I couldn't move. I just got to sit and watch as a fight broke out between our ghouls and theirs. Kaneki hit Jason and he landed next to me. A syringe fell next to me. I grabbed it and smiled. I felt dizzy and sick but Jason needed to be stopped. I grabbed the needle and began looking at it. "RC inhibition fluid." I smiled at the small syringe and shook away the dizziness as much as I could. I was in a great deal of pain but still ran at him and jumped on his back. He ran backwards into a wall, squishing me, but I didn't let go of him. I had a face like thunder and I was determined to put this asshole down. I pulled the lid of the syringe off with my mouth, spitting it on the floor and stabbed him in the neck. I pushed down on the syringe squirting the liquid into his bloodstream.
"RC inhibition fluid bitch" I said. I jumped off him, holding the needle and walked over. I smiled, hunched over Jason. I grabbed a knife from out of his pocket and went to kill him but Aimi's brother stopped me. "I'll do that" he said picking Jason up and giving him a good few punches. Kaneki ran over and grabbed me. "Are you okay?" He asked holding me.
I nod and kiss the end of his nose. "Yes. I'm weak but I'll live."

Hides POV
I watch as taiga turns around to say good bye as the investigators burst in to the room. "I love you" I mutter. I turn around and get on my knees and put my hands behind my head. "Give me a minute." A man says. The rest of the men clear out. "You were working with a ghoul." He says. "A very talented young lady. Very pretty, I see why you are enticed but she is very dangerous." He slams a file in front of me. It's Taiga's file. 'The binge eating tiger' I read over the article confused. Taiga's a cannibal and a binge eater? She's an s rated ghoul? Who is this person? The file I'm reading is not taiga? I wonder if kaneki knows about this?
I flick through the pages revealing countless scenarios that taiga has been involved with Rize? I look closely at the picture of the two only to realise this is the ghoul Kaneki went on a date with? The ghouls organs that keep Kaneki functioning?
I read through an article of a witness to a murder from the coloured-ghoul bandits. (Inherited this name due to their hair)

"I was walking home when someone ran past me crying. As instinct, I followed to make sure they were okay. As I walked towards where the young girl ran to, the was something hanging upside down from the cables attached to the lamp posts like a bat. Her knees bent over the cables and her body hanging upside down with he arms folded over her chest. She straightened her legs out causing her to fall of the cable, landing on her feet.
I honestly can't express how porcelain this girl looked? She was perfect. Her fire coloured hair swayed gently In the wind like a fire goddess from the sky. She couldn't have been that old as she wasn't particularly tall. She side-stepped into the shadows so you could see nothing but two balls of fire...her eyes. I knelt down, terrified when the young girl sat on the floor began screaming. All of a sudden out of no where a woman with purple hair appeared. They treated this girl like nothing more then a chicken wing. There was blood spewing everywhere....screams flooded the alley like a tidal wave..."