Chapter 52

When I was a kid, cannibalism was a word that nobody in out house was allowed to say. My mother tried her best to drill it into our heads that cannibalism was bad, but it wasn't as bad as taking an innocent life...that was a crime where death wasn't even enough of a punishment.
My family was famous for binge eating either our kind or the humans. It was like a genetic disease passed down through generations. That was our weakness so my mother tried her hardest to keep me and Ryo from the fate but when my parents died at the hands of a group of investigators I was more prone to this 'disease' then I had ever been before and when Akio found this out he used it to his advantage. He got me to kill an innocent person and a ghoul and I was hooked. Until he tried to get me to feed on other cannibals which got him killed...or so I thought. After that I was classed as a kakuja and a binge eater. I earned a name for myself, the binge eating tiger. That name frightened people. Whenever someone realised I was the binge eating tiger they would laugh in my face due to my size and girly appearance, but then my size scared people more. I was so small yet capable of so much so eventually if you had a face off with the great 'binge eating tiger' you were screwed.
Accepting my fate wasn't hard, but being alone was. I had no friends due to my troublesome reputation so when I was approached by a purple haired ghoul, it came as quite a shock. Her name was Rize as I'm guessing you already know. She reminded me that as ghouls we are created for killing just like sharks. Some sharks are created for killing other fish and even their own kind and some are created for eating other stuff. Because they eat their own kind and other fish does that make them evil? It is in our nature to eat people as ghouls, we shouldn't shy away from that.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that as a child, I was raised to believe killing things wether they are ghoul or not, is bad and I have disappointed all of my dead family.

I'm stood hunched over another dead ghoul I found eating a human. I stood up and sighed. I wiped my face and moved the rest of his body. I then hid the humans body too. My clothes weren't bloody which was good so I decided I was ready to go back to Anteiku. As I got closer I saw Kaneki talking to Kaito. I moved even closer to listen in on what they were saying.
"Look, I'm not saying you're bad for her, but maybe you should let her go." Kaneki said.
"And why would I do that?"
"Because you love her. Leaving her will be best for her."
"No it'll be best for you not her"
"She loves me. She's staying with you because she can't tell you she's in love with her ex"
I walked around the corner but then hid as Kaito spoke up.
"She is my girlfriend and if she had a problem she would tell me. I love her and I'm not scared of you just because your some big strong ghoul. I'm not ending what is the best thing in my life because you have now decided you want her back. You messed it up and dude, I feel for you because she's so amazing but that's your loss...not mine." He then turned around and walked into the café. I smiled and then walked over to Kaneki.
"What the fuck was that?" I asked.
"You heard that?" He said.
"Yes I fucking did. How dare you go behind my back and say something like that."
"I'm sorry"
"No! You can't seem to leave well alone can you?! What is your obsession with me?!"
"I love you. He's not good enough"
"And who are you to be the judge of that. you want to stay here fine but we are no longer together and you've fucked up every chance of us being friends." I stormed into the café and locked the doors. I then walked upstairs to see Kaito smiling.
"What?" I asked.
"I heard you. Thank you for sticking up for me" he said opening my door.
We both walked inside and he shut the door behind him.
"It's okay. If you ever felt threatened by him, you'd tell me right?"
"Yes but I don't at all. Because I have you and he doesn't" he said pulling me towards him. I smiled and kissed him. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist.
"You do know I love you don't you" he said smiling.
"Yes. I do."
"Do you know how much I love you"
"Im guessing it's a lot"
"Oh yeah" he said smiling.