Chapter 11

2 weeks later

Me and Kaneki walk into the hospital with a bunch of flowers. I change the ones I bought for him the other week with the fresh new flowers to brighten up his from. Kaneki takes the old flowers to the bin whilst I sit with Hide. I grab his hand and place a light kiss on it. "Jason and Tsukiyama have left us alone which is good. Ermm Hinami started school, obviously we've changed her hair an stuff but she seems to be enjoying it which is amazing because I was scared she wouldn't-" Hide began moving his fingers. "-fit in" I continued, slowly and staring at his hand. He squoze on to my hand so I looked up at his face. His eyes were wide open. I sat in shock for a second before shouting a nurse in to take the ventilator off him. "Hide" I said standing behind the doctors working around him. "Taiga" he said with a croaky voice. I shoved past the doctors and just grabbed hide and hugged him. Straight away I felt his body relax and his arms slowly wrap around me. "Let's give them a minute" the doctor said guiding the other doctors and nurses out. I still just stood hunched Over hugging him. I slowly moved away and placed both hands on the side of his face, placing my forehead against his.

He put his hands on my face and kissed my forehead.

"Fuck the head. I want the lips" I said pulling Hide in and kissing him passionately. I pulled away and sat on the edge of the bed. "I didn't know if you'd wake up" I said with tears welling up in my eyes.

"I would never leave you" he said wiping the tear rolling down my cheek.

Kaneki walked in. "Hide" he said scared. I turned around and walked over to kaneki holding me a cup of coffee. I grabbed the cup and walked back over to Hide. "Can you give us a minute" Hide asked not taking his eyes off kaneki. I nodded and kissed Hide on the forehead and walked out. About five minutes kaneki walked out looking sad. I stood up. "What is it?"

"Hide. He erm he doesn't want to see me. I tried to tell him I really did but he didn't want to listen."

I hugged kaneki but he pushed me away. "we've been friends since we were kids. How could he just drop me like that"

"Kaneki."

"You won't understand" he said walking away. I walked into the room and gently shut the door. "Hide..." I said slowly walking over to him and sitting next to him. I grabbed both of his hands.

"Look. He had no say in the matter. The doctor put ghoul organs in him without his say so. He couldn't have helped it."

Hide pulls his hands away and turned to look at the window.

"I don't care that he's a ghoul. I'm his best friend. Brother even, and he never told me."

"I didn't tell you either"

"That's true."

"Look hide he loves you. Don't be mad at him he's done nothing."

"Get out."

I sat there for a minute. "Get out" he said a bit louder.

"Hide." I said nearly crying.

"Go!" he shouted.

I sat up. "But what about us"

"There is no us. Not anymore. You're a ghoul." He said turning his head again.

I stood up. Grabbed the cup of water by hides bed and threw it over him. "That may have been really immature of my ghoul self." I said storming out an slamming the door.