Chapter 20

I sat on the floor, in front of the couch with Hinami, inbetween Hide and kanekis legs. Safe to say it was very akward.

We were all watching a scary film but Hinami fell asleep so I paused it. "I'm gonna carry her down." I said standing up.

"She's nearly the same size as you, I'll do it." Hide said standing up. I looked at kaneki akwardly. I followed her as hide carried her to our apartment. I unlocked the door and followed him as he put Hinami to bed. I kissed her forehead and tucked her into bed before going to walk out of the apartment. "Hide?" I asked quietly as the light went off.

I could hear muffled sounds so I walked towards them and turned the light on.

"Kaneki!!!" I screamed.

I was grabbed just as kaneki walked in.

"Taiga!" He screamed.

"Grab Hinami" I shouted.

Tears ran down my face as Hinami ran around the corner. "No!!" She screamed. Kaneki grabbed Hinami as I was dragged away by Jason.

I can't really remember what happened straight after that. Just darkness. I remember being pulled out of somewhere dark and thrown into a room, I was weak, in pain. I was chained to a chair in a room filled with blood. I opened my eyes and tried to move. "Oh yeah. Chains" I said weakly. My eyes began to adjust to the light and Jason was there, stood In front of me. "Hello again" I said smiling sarcastically.

"Hello again taiga. You okay?"

"I'm great. What do you want with me anyway?"

"How's kaneki?"

"Why do you care?"

"Just want to know how my invention is dealing. He thought he killed me. I'm gonna kill you."

"Oooo you wanna tell me how you plan on killing me or is it gonna be a surprise"

"Well give it a couple of hours for your boyfriend to work up the courage to come here and then you'll see"

I took a minute to think. "This is where you tortured kaneki isn't it?"I asked

Jason began laughing. "Well done. You left when I had him. I would have thought it would have led you here. Guess it didn't"

"I was protecting my niece from you and your stupid friends."

"I know about you and your bezzie mate you know"

"What do you mean?" I asked looking up at him.

"A few nights before Rize died, I went after her. Well I really went looking for the both of you, but only she was there. Seemed like you had given up your secret life as the binge eating tiger. Didn't last long though. Poor Hinami. You can't even give it up for your niece. Your niece with no family left....but you."

"I have never put Hinami at risk?! So if I'm a binge or not does it matter?"

"Binge eating ghouls are s rated, meaning you're an s rated ghoul, putting you, your friends and family at risk. I believe Hinami is your family"

I sat back and stayed silent.

"Didn't think you would have anything to say to that."

I began to try and break free but I couldn't. Jason walked over and smacked me around the face. "I suggest you don't try that again" he began walking away.

I spat blood on the ground. "I...didn't...put...her...at....risk." I said slowly.

Jason sighed and walked over. "You don't learn do you." He said. Then, it was lights out.