Chapter 15

I opened my eyes and moved away from kanekis chest to see a note.

"Hinami is with me....touka"

I sat up and stretched. I walked over to the window and flung it open and climbed up the pipe on to the roof. I lay facing up at the stars. You could say the refreshing wind an stars made me feel a slight relief. I smiled up at the sky. I had the feeling Ryo' was watching down on me. I missed her. I missed her so much. I didn't know how much I would miss her until she was gone, and now, now I can't even tell her how much i miss her. "What are you doing?" Someone asked.

I sat up and Hinami climbed up next to me.

"I'm just watching the sky." I said smiling.

She crawled over and lay next to me. "I could smell you go upstairs and I couldn't sleep so I thought I may aswell join you" she smiled.

"Look. A bunny." She said pointing up.

I looked at Hinami pointing at the sky.

I lay down and looked.

"And right next to the bunny looks like a dog"

"No it doesn't. It looks like a cat"

"Hinami, it's got long floppy ears."

"Cats can have long floppy ears."

"I don't know what cats you've seen, but I've never seen one with floppy ears."

Hinami laughed.

"Do you think mum and dad found eachother?"

I took a minute to think. "Yeah. Your mum and dad will always find eachother. No matter what."

Hinami let out a sigh of relief. "Do you think they're watching over me. Well us?"

"Of course. They're both sat around a table drinking coffee just talking about me and you. How much you've grown up on the outside and on the inside."

A lot has changed and is still changing. Re-adjusting to life in this town will be hard, for all the memories that lie within every street, every corner. My sisters death is what will haunt me the most. But for Hinami, this is the place her mum dedicated her entire life to her, the place her mum sacrificed herself for Hinami to live and thrive in a world where trying to fit in wasn't good enough. Our race is a cursed one, we will never be fully understood by the humans no matter how much of a hero we try to be. No matter how much we care for our friends and family. We may eat humans, but humans eat animals. We all eat things that were once alive. Why are we so different. We choose to eat suicide victims, which aren't easy to come across, just so we don't have kill people. Yeah some ghouls are dangerous I'll admit, I can be and was once very dangerous but some humans have killed other humans but it's alright for them to live a happy life.....eventually. Humans can beat their children an their animals and not even make a scene but a ghoul just doing their thing, walking down the street minding their own buisness is killed in cold blood, an people cheer. That ghoul could have had a family, like Hinami and now, them kids are orphans? How is that fair?