chapter 131

Taiga's POV
I groaned and looked around to see kaneki wasn't near me. I instantly started to panic.
"Hello?" I shouted weakly. I began to regain conciousness fully when I realised a tree branch, and quite a thick one at that had gone through the windscreen and straight into me.
"Taiga!" Kaneki shouted running over to me. "I thought you were gone." He said crying.
"Get me out of here before an ambulance realises I'm a ghoul and knows were all hiding here."
"What do you expect me to do taiga we need to wait so they can cut you out."
"Just break the branch off. I'll sort out the rest."
"Are you crazy?"
"Are you. They'll figure it out. I'm not risking all of their lives because you're being a girl. Break it off!"
He sighed and walked over to the branch. "I'm sorry" he mouthed before ripping it off the tree. I let out a scream of agony as the branch snapped when someone pulled up next to us.
"Kaneki!!!!" Touka screamed. She and Ayato got out of the car and ran over until they saw me, stuck in the car as the engine started smoking. "She heals quick but if we don't get her out of that car and it explodes she will die." He said nervously.
"Please....get me out. Just pull the branch out of me." I begged.
"Okay." Ayato said grabbing it.
"You'll kill her!" Kaneki shouted.
"No. Leaving her will kill her now help me get her out." He said getting ready.
Kaneki walked over and grabbed the branch too. They ripped it out and as they did I let out a loud scream.
Touka ran over and pulled me out of the car, giving me to Kaneki to carry away from the car ready to explode.
He sat down behind some trees with me until Ayato pulled his car up.
"Come on get it. The paramedics and police will be here soon. We can't have you two being here they'll find you."
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"To bury Ann and Takasu."
I looked at kaneki and nodded so he carried me into the car. He wrapped his coat around me while I healed and sat next to me. He grabbed my hand so I looked at him. He wasn't looking at me, he was still in shock.
"Kaneki." I whispered.
"You could have died and that was my fault. Hide did die and that was my fault too."
"Don't. " I said squeezing his hand. I opened his coat to show him I was healed.
"I'm fine. I wouldn't have died because I'm me. I never die." I said smiling. "Neither of us could have helped hide so you have to stop blaming yourself."
"Were here." Touka whispered.
I climbed out of the car and into the boot to see Takasu and Annoura's bodies.
I grabbed a shovel and walked to the grass and began to dig a grave for Takasu.
"Hey." Ayato said walking over.
"I'm doing this. I'm burying him, you bury her." I said continuing to dig It.
"Taiga." He said holding me. "Just let it go. I'll dig it." He said grabbing the shovel gently. I slowly let it go and walked away, sitting down. He began to dig the hole in the ground as I watched.
"Is it my fault?" I asked looking up at him.
"No." He said digging. "Nothing that happened was your fault."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah." He said sitting down.
"You done?" I asked pointing at the hole.
"Yeah. And kaneki left. He's coming back soon."
"No he's not." I said walking over to the car. I picked Takasu up and carried him to the grave before dropping him in. I grabbed a handful of dirt and dropped it on him.
"I'm so sorry that I didn't love you how you loved me. I'm so sorry that my friend killed you." I turned around and Aoi stood there. He didn't hear what I said but he ran over and hugged me.
"I can't stay." He said moving away.
"Why?"
"Takasu was my life but you remember Akios friend you know, the one with the pink hair?"
"Oh yeah."
"I'm gonna stay with him for a bit until I get on my feet again"
"Stay with us."
"I can't. You're in love with kaneki. You don't have to pretend anymore. Takasu knew as well but he was okay with settling. anyway I'm going off the rail, you're with kaneki and I hate the guy. I will learn to calm down and then In a year or so I'll come back." I smiled and hugged him.
"I'll miss you."
He moved away and smiled.
"Miss you too. But this isn't the end."
"I know." I said waving.
I turned around to ayato and sat next to him. "Let's get this filled in." He stood up and began pushing the dirt pile into the hole. I stood there, tears running down my face. He put the shovel in the boot of the car and walked over. "I'm gonna dump the car and drive back for mine. That okay?" He asked.
"Yeah. I'm gonna burry annoura." I grabbed the shovel back out of the car and threw it on the ground. I then grabbed her body and carried it out, throwing her in the ground. I picked up the shovel and began to dig a hole as Ayato drove away. I threw her body in and filled in the whole. I sat back down on the ground against the tree, watching over their graves when touka sat next to me. "You okay?" She asked.
"Yeah. I guess."
"You coming with me. I'm gonna puck Ayato up or wait here for kaneki."
"I'm gonna wait here for kaneki...alone." I looked up and faked a smile. She sighed and dusted her hands off. "Fair enough. Whatever. Just don't beat yourself up over this. It wasn't your fault. None of us knew her intentions. You were none the wiser and that's okay."
She walked towards the car and drove away.