Chapter 36

I get home with Hinami after a couple more hours and with a few new books and send her to bed as I know Kaneki is there with our movie night. As we walk in Kaneki is sat there along with Touka.
"Is everything okay?" I ask confused at why she's sat there almost in tears.
"You were right." She said bluntly. "He's working with Akio. He said Ayato is innocent?"
"He actually said that?" I asked.
"Well no. I followed him for a while...nearly an hour to see him make a phone call. He said 'She thinks Ayato did it. Were out of the clear. The opportunity to get Taiga is close but she has a close bond with Kaneki and that niece of hers. Probably have to threaten them for her to come anywhere with us.' were in a mess again."
"No we're not. Jason has been looking over us the entire time. I'll try and speak to him tomorrow to see if he knows anything."
"Jason told you?!" Kaneki asked confused.
"Yes. He told me Akio was starting some small group off because he wanted me to himself and you dead, because he was dating Rize then she was killed and he knows her organs keep you alive. He thinks it's unfair to have me and her so he's either having me or killing you and taking me...." I said sadly. "To protect you and Hinami I'm going to have to go..."
He walked over to me and encased me in a warm hug. He rested his chin in the top of my head.
"Taiga I can promise you that everyone associated with antieku café will stop at nothing to protect you and Hinami because of their friends ship with Ryouku. I won't let anything happen to either if you because I love both of you...same goes for Touka. they won't get close and that is a promise." He said swaying a little bit with me in his arms keeping me calm. He kissed me gently and moved away. He tucked my bangs behind my ear, like he always does, and kissed the end of my nose.
"Now how about we sit down and have that movie night we talked about." He said smiling.
"I'm gonna go before things get sticky" Touka said standing up and giving Kaneki a quick hug before tilting her head as if to say 'walk me to the door' so I did. And I also stood outside and had a little chat with her.
"See you managed to pick." She said smiling.
"Yeah. Hide said he was in love with someone and then looked at you so I presumed he liked you but Hinami is telling me that he's lying. Letting me go so I no longer have to be in the awkward position to pick." I said sadly.
"Oh yeah. He is. But it doesn't matter, if he feels that's what he wants to do ten let him. Your happy with Kaneki and with all the threats begin made it's safe to sort of stay away from Hide for a bit because last time he got involved with ghouls he nearly died. He doesn't love me. We talk but we're not that close." She hugged me tightly and walked to her apartment.
I do feel sorry for Hide but I do really like Kaneki. I sigh and with a heavy heart I walk into the apartment and sit next to Kaneki on the sofa.
"What did you get?" I asked cuddling into him.
"The grudge one and two and the ring."
"Obviously want to keep me awake all night"
"Yeah. That was the goal." He said flirtatiously. I giggled and pulled his arm around me as I cuddled into his stomach. There was a loud bang at my front door which obviously caused me to flinch.
"What the hell?" I whispered. There was another loud bang and the only thing I could think of was Akio. I stood up an practically ran to the door.
"Taiga!!"
I opened the door to see Mr. Yoshimura.
"What are you doing? You nearly gave me a heart attack." I said thank fully.
He barged into the flat. "The group is here. You need to go now!" He said worriedly.
"Wait what?" I said.
"Akio is nearly here with all of his friends. Go...now!" he said pushing me into Hinamis room.
"What's going on?" Hinami asked sitting up wiping her eyes.
"Me and Kaneki will find you when it's safe for now you have to go." He said getting Hinami out of bed.
"No! I'm not leaving Kaneki here! Akio wants Kaneki dead he won't kill me.."
"No he'll just take you. Now you have to go." He sounded agitated.
"I'm not leaving without Kaneki" I shouted grabbing Kaneki and Hinami.
"Fine. I'll find you three when it's safe just leave now!" he shouted. We all said goodbye to him before jumping out of the window and running away to kanekis house.