Chapter 45

I woke up and I haven't seen Taiga yet...I sat up and saw. A pair of crutches in the side. I got out of bed and hopped towards them. There was a note on top of a pair of trousers.
'Hi. I got these for you...maybe they'll help. I understand if you feel the need to go to hospital but I had to take Hinami to school so if you are planning on going to hospital please wait until I get back so I can say good bye.
Taiga x'

I smiled at the note an put the trousers on. I used the crutches to get into the kitchen to find a lunch on the side with my name written on a piece of paper on top of the food. I smiled but I swear ghouls don't eat good which means she's gone to a lot of effort for me. I wonder if she'll let me stay here if she knows what home is like?

Taiga's POV
I decide to leave Kaito in bed seeing as though he was near enough food last night and I wait with Hinami in the kitchen for hide.
"When's that boy leaving?" She asked smiling.
"I'm not sure. I'll talk to him later. You nervous for school?"
"A bit. I don't want to be left out or bullied you know"
"Yeah. I dropped out of school before I was your age. Didn't have many friends because I was rude and cheeky" I said laughing.
There was. A knock at the door so Hinami let Hide in.
"I bought this for you Hinami." He said smiling.
"But I can't eat lunch" she said upset.
"You can't go to school without it though. I presume Taiga has taught you how to fake eat?..."
"Yes."
"Do that then. At least no one will get suspicious." He smiled.
"Why do you have two?" I asked standing up.
"I presumed your human friend needs feeding so I bough this round." He held the good out so I took it and put it in the side, quickly writing his name on it.
"Let's get you to school then" I smiled at Hinami.
After we walked her to school we bumped into Sohara so Hide left with her and I walked back home. I let myself in to see the apartment...sparkling. Why was it so clean.
"Hello?" I shouted taking my coat off and hanging it up.
"Hello" Kaito said appearing out of no where.
"Did you clean?" I asked smiling.
"Well yes. I wanted to show you I'm useful to have around."
"But your injured you should be resting."
"I know. It took a bit longer because I was injured but I got it done. I need to ask you something if I'm not coming on too strong?"
"What is it?"
"Well...at home things are pretty hectic"
"What do you mean"
"Well...I live with my dad and he's a drunk. He hits me and stuff...but I had to put up with it until I find a job and a place to stay...I don't really have any friends to ask-"
"Are you asking to move in?" I interrupted. His face grew red. "I don't know you that well" he then sighed and nodded, as if he knew I'd let him down.
"But yes. I suppose. We have to go and collect your stuff though" he nodded and smiled.

We got to his house and it was a really nice house. He told me about how after his mum died his dad went a bit loopy and turned to alcohol...cliché...I know. He opened the door and hobbled in front on his crutches. Things were dark but as a ghoul I can sense an attack, especially off a human so I jumped in front of Kaito, shielding him from the mad man with a kitchen knife. The knife doesn't penetrate my skin and the man is instantly scared. I throw a punch, knocking him out and turn to Kaito.
"Sorry about that" I said pointing at his dad.
"No. Thanks" he said shocked.
"So where's your stuff?" I asked.
"In that room" he said pointing. I nodded and walked in a small yet clean room with a box full of clothes a box full of personal belongings and a small sheet that he uses for his bed.
"Ouch. This is a horrible place to sleep." I said picking the two boxes up.
"Can you manage?" He asks. I raise my eyebrow and he laughs. "Oh yeah...ghoul." He nods and hobbles back to the café.
I put his things in Hinamis room. "You can stay in here. She has a single bed and I had a double. I can share with her from now on but her thins stay here is that okay?..."
"That's fine I'm just grateful to have a place to stay."
"It's fine honestly" I smile an he carefully lies down on the bed. I grab some cushions of the couch and rest them under his foot and run downstairs to the freezer and grab some ice cubes an wrap them in a towel and hold them against his leg.
"You don't have to do all of this" he said sitting up a little bit.
"It's fine. I want to" I sent him a warm smile and then he leant back on his elbows and forearms.
"You've been really kind to me" he said breaking the silence.
"The least I can do for what Ayato did to you."
He sat up and began to go red. "How old are you?" He asked.
"18. How old are you?"
"19" he smiled. "You have beautiful eyes" he said looking down. I gently grabbed his chin as pushed his face up to make eye contact with me.
"So do you." I said smiling. My heart was now racing and I had butterflies in my tummy. I was nervous but he didn't know that.
"I'm glad you're here. Bit of male company for once" I said climbing over him so I had a leg either side of him. He lay back down and I put both my hands either side of him. I bit my lip and watched as his face went from pink to red. I moved towards his ear.
"If you don't want this...because of what I am...just say stop" I whispered. I moved away from his ear and he was still red, which made me smile. I leant in and began kissing him...at first he was stiff due to him being nervous but then he got into the kiss and put his hands at the back of my head pulling me in. Minding his leg, he rolled me over, so I was on the bottom and he was on top and slowly started to unbutton my blouse.
"Taiga?" Someone shouted. "You in?"
"Shit." I whispered moving away.
"Who is it?" Kaito asked lying back down.
"Ayato" I said walking out an closing the door.
"Yes?" I asked leaning against Hinamis bedroom door.
"Am I interrupting something."
"Er nope" I said awkwardly.
He walked over to me and looked at my half unbuttoned blouse. "Were you getting changed then?" He asked in an accusing tone.
"Yes. I was"
"So you won't mind if I go in there then." He said going for the handle. I jumped in almost a star jump way, blocking the door.
"You can't. It's Hinami's room" I said nervously. He pushed me out of the way and barged in to see Kaito lay on the bed with ice on his foot.
"Taking advantage of an injured human. Wow Taiga. Seems like Kaneki leaving really impacted you." He said laughing to himself closing the door.
"Kaneki leaving has done nothing except freed me."
"Well Jason dying has done something."
I shove him violently. "do not say his name."
"Oh. There's your soft spot. Guessing Aimi's another soft spot for you"
"I'm warning you" I said viciously.
"What about her brother. You got him killed too." He said provoking me.
I swung my leg and with one swift hit, kicked him straight in the jaw.
"I warned you." I growled.
He rubbed his face and laughed. "Wow. You have fire...I like it. Shame you have a boyfriend now."
"He's not my boyfriend."
"Prove it"
"I don't have to prove anything to you."
"Knew it."
"Knew what?"
"He's your boyfriend"
"Ayato...just leave." I said pointing to the door. he scoffed and walked out. I closed the door and made sure I locked it this time. I dropped to the floor and began crying. I heard a bang and then the door opened. I knew Kaito was coming towards me and then he got on the floor and hugged me.
"It's fine. Just ignore him" he said hugging me.