Chapter 115

I'm sat on the windowsill in my new room waiting for someone to show up. I'm really nervous to see them all in case some of them don't turn up...
I heard the door open so I stood up and ran to the top of the stairs to see Ann an Daiki. I smiled and ran down the stairs flinging myself at her.
"You're okay" I said smiling. I clung to her like a monkey to a branch. She giggled and hugged me. I climbed down and looked at Daiki. I pulled the glasses off and put them on.
"Since when did you wear glasses" I asked walking around.
"Since a while." He said taking them back and putting them on. I sat on the bannister and sighed.
"Where's Hinami?" I asked nervously.
"They know where she is but she's safer there then coming here."
"Yeah true." I agreed.
"Seems like you've got yourself a couple of body guards. Hot body guards." Annoura said smiling.
"Aoi is an ass hole but he's warming up a little bit, I'll admit, he's very good looking." I jumped off the bannister and stood looking at Annoura and Daiki.
"But Takasu is something else. He's so-"
"-big, muscly, handsome?" Someone said from behind me.
I turned around to see Takasu stood with Koma and Irimi.
I looked at Ann wide eyed, who in fact seemed to think this was funny.
"I was going to say really kind and sweet" I said smiling. Ann ran over and helped Irimi and Koma into their separate rooms.
Takasu walked off so I chased after him.
"Are you and Aoi going to be living here?" I asked.
"The deal we made was if we monitor you tonight and you don't need help, we leave you, secretly checking in like before but it's worse then we thought so we have to stay."
"Why are you doing this for someone like him?"
"Believe me when I say, I owe him so much more then just looking after you."
"Why? What happened?"
"I...was never really a normal kid. I didn't go to school I didn't have any friends."
I walked over an put my hand on his shoulder in an attempt to console him but he pushed me away. "I suffer with haphephobia. I can't have people touching me. I have to do the touching." He moved away and sighed. "most people can't get past it and I get that but it led for a weird childhood. He saved me from a horrible life so I owe him everything. He also helped Aoi. That's not his real name but the ghouls that had him prisoner called him that because it means blue."
"And now you two protect me because you feel as though you owe it to him?"
"Yeah...we do"
I went to grab his hand when I stopped myself. "Well you don't owe him, or me."
"To be honest, I like you, you're a nice girl so I'd love to help you anyway I can. I'm sure Aoi feels the same." He nodded before walking to his car. I waved him off before walking inside.
Daiki was sat at the bottom of the stairs so I sat next to him.
"You staying here?" I ask.
"Is that an offer or a question."
"Both"
"Then yeah I'll stay. Hey that girl Annoura, what's her situation."
"Oooo you wanna make a move?"
"I just want to know her situation"
"She is very much single"
"So if I went an made a move..."
"To be honest she's about as consistent as a broken clock. With her you don't know what you're gonna get you could make a move but who's to say she won't get mad. I'm not trying to discourage you, I think you should go for it." He stood up and smiled.
"Kaneki's fine." He said rubbing my back an walking upstairs. I sighed an stood up.
I grabbed the bannister and slowly started walking up.
"Taiga." Someone said from behind me. I turned around and Aoi and Ayato stood there. I ran over and hugged him.
"We may not have been the closest these past few weeks but you're my friend and I'm glad you're alive." He moved away.
"You seem down?" He said looking at me sadly.
"I don't need your sympathy or anything" I said, laughing awkwardly for a moment. "But I am. I watched the manager die and it just keeps playing in my mind. He did so much for me and I owed him so much, but I haven't done anything for him."
"You're keeping your self safe. He wouldn't ask for anything more. All I you at Anteiku were his friends am family. He loved you all and you have helped so many people from there. You're willing to carry on his legacy. He couldn't ask for anything else."
"He can't ask for anything else because he's dead. I let him die. I could have helped him."
"There was nothing you could have done." He sighed and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the centre of the room.
"Picture people in dresses everywhere. Picture decorations and picture us, right here, in a suit and dress."
He took me and began dancing.
"What are you doing?" I asked as he spun me out.
"Cheering you up" he said pulling me back into his arms. "I get that this is his house, so your future will be shadowed by Akio, but that doesn't mean you can't be happy. Kaneki will be here soon. So will the rest of Anteiku. You have nothing to be sad about." He looked at me and smiled. "Kaneki is fine."
He spins me out but I let go of his hand and stand there sadly.
"What if he isn't?" I ask. He walks over to me slowly.
"This guy would never die without saying goodbye to you. He will be here" he holds his hand out so I take it. Maybe living here is that start of something new? Maybe now, all of us together might make things a little easier.