8 - Alcazar

8

Alcazar

Tuesday, May 18

Jordan woke up smiling. He'd been dreaming of Greta dancing flamenco. She had given him a private performance. He had a vision of her reaching for him as he moved toward her, then he lifted her from the floor and carried her to bed. He remembered the first part of the dream, disrobing her, then he'd awakened.

Last night she was stunning. I felt entranced. Oriana, I miss you, but it feels like Greta is the gift to help me move on. It is not like what you and I had, my love. There is no long-term possibility here. But she has been my friend, and now may become more. I know it's what you want for me.

He didn't need a wake-up shower. He had taken a cold one last night when he returned to the albergue. He again felt his loins stirring, remembering their last kiss.

He got dressed and put on his Nikes. Grabbing his poles, he saw they were Quechua brand, named for the Inca language.

Maybe my next novel will be in Peru, walking to Machu Picchu?

No knee swelling at all, and as he moved, the left one felt solid. Outside, he started slowly, then picked up his pace. He walked up and down some stairs. All good. Jordan smiled, knowing his journey could resume tomorrow without a hitch. He'd make it to Salamanca in time for his course.

Thank you.

He had coffee and a light breakfast with Carlos. His friend asked some general questions, fishing for information about Jordan's progress with Greta, but got only smiles in return. Jordan packed for his trek the next day, went out to buy a couple of small supplies he would need, then put on his swim trunks. He stood next to his bunk, then twisted off his wedding ring and put it under his pillow.

I will always love you, Oriana, but I am ready to keep my promise to you. Once again I choose to live.

He felt no longing for his depression meds. He walked over to her hotel.

When Greta opened the door, she said, "Good morning." She reached up and kissed him tenderly.

Jordan said, "Good morning to you, too." She rested her head on his shoulder, gave him a long hug, then they walked to the pool, holding hands.

She smells good. Her fingers are so soft, like the rest of her skin, and I feel a tingle when we touch. Yet there is strength and energy also. Quite the package.

Greta noticed his missing wedding ring but decided that she must say nothing about it. But she felt excited. It was another sign that he would be ready for everything that night.

He asked, "Are you beginning to think you might want to hike a few hundred miles on the Camino?"

Greta laughed delightedly. "I would say the chances are slightly less than zero, but I will cheer you on."

"How was yoga for you this morning?"

"A little hard to get started, as usual. But it always feels wonderful when I begin to stretch and my limbs loosen. I like teachers who guide me into pushing my limits so my muscles elongate and strengthen. I enjoy improvement. My body now handles yoga poses I once could not do." She smiled as she thought that night she would use some of those positions with Jordan.

Greta took off her wrap, always an arresting sight for Jordan. He offered to do her back as a preventive action.

It is a pleasure to touch her, to see that alluring star on her rear, but then I need to head to the pool for a swim before she sees how it all arouses me.