46 - Reservations

46

Reservations

Wednesday, June 30

When Greta read Jordan's email from Astorga, she got online right away to look into travel options for Santiago. It had been six weeks since the disappointment of their last evening together.

He is the only man in years who didn't do exactly what I wanted. I suppose it isn't all his fault. I could have drunk less. But we were so close. He was ready. I had him prepared. He desired me as much as I did him. I was so wet, aching to have him please me in every way. Oh Jordan, I have dreamed about you so often since that night.

Greta felt moist again as she remembered looking at his slender, tan, muscular body by the pool. She thought about the taste of his mouth and the feel of his hands as they had aroused her. She'd tried to move on. She had dated a few other men but was disappointed each time. She felt spoiled and longed for him.

Carlos still hadn't found a worthy replacement for Jordan, so she was ready to jump onto a plane and kidnap him.

You will be my prize for showing more patience than I've ever needed before with a man. The time approaches when we'll finish what we started, just in a different location.

Fortunately, her father also owned a hotel in Santiago. She booked a penthouse suite for a week. Her vacation started tomorrow but she planned to wait a few days before leaving. She would get there early on the fifth since he was due to arrive late on the sixth.

Perfect. I'll check it all out and have my plan of attack in place. Jordan, you won't escape this time. Yes, the word 'attack' is appropriate. That's what I will do to your body in bed. I will lay siege until your pleasure and mine are complete. Okay, maybe mine is never complete.

Greta smiled as she considered this.

But at least we'll make a start. Who knows? Maybe I'll extend the time of my stay in Santiago, or perhaps invite you down to Sevilla. Lots of options await. We have the whole month of July to explore each other and follow our lovemaking wherever it may lead us.

Greta thought about how she would surprise him.

I said I would send your wedding ring with a messenger and that's true. The delivery person will be me. But I'll deliver more than just your ring.

She smiled.

*****

Luis sat at his friend's apartment in Seattle. It had been a difficult month, to say the least. He wondered why he stayed so long. No women, no job. He decided it was time to move on. Back to Argentina? Probably not. Options there felt too limited. He was glad he had left South America. An island in the Caribbean? Australia? He wasn't sure but felt he needed completion with Makena. He was alone, and spoke to himself: "I should have been more honest with her. I thought all women were like the ones my father and his friends married and kept in Argentina. Aren't we men supposed to enjoy our freedom? Makena was so difficult sometimes. So she and I must have our goodbyes in person. Maybe after she understands my thinking Makena will want me to take her back? Probably not, but either way, I'll move on."

He had lost much, but Luis retained his self-worth. Any woman in the world would be lucky to have him. Makena needed that reminder, then he would depart. Recently he learned that Delta and Bayou had returned to Seattle. Through his contacts, he heard about the death of their grandmother. A couple of his buddies were friends of theirs, so he got news about Makena's whereabouts. One guy, in particular, was a Facebook friend of the twins, who had shared some about their walk on the Camino, how Makena had left the artifact for their grandma at something called the Iron Cross, and that she would be in Santiago just after the American holiday, their Fourth of July Independence Day. Luis had been spending so much time without any luck in finding out what had happened to her. He had basically burned all his bridges in the Seattle area and decided there was no reason to stay there anymore.