Mistakes- Niall Horan (One Shot)

I watched her, as she took each step. Careful, not to fall in her heels. She walked in and flipped her hair, pushing a fake smile to blend in with the energy of the crowd. If you look into her eyes, if you really look into her eyes, they tell a different story. They scream for comfort, for protection. She followed her friend and dodged the guys that stepped towards her, anxiously trying to buy her a drink. I watched as she nodded them all off, and found her way to the empty side of the bar. She sat alone spinning a straw in the drink that sat in front of her. She watched the colors swirl in her cup and never once looked up to all the people bumping into her. I watched as she sat there, not having ever said a word to her, but seeing her in pain, it hurt me. I walked over to her, slowly. "Dance with me" A girl said as she basically threw herself at me. I shook my head, disgusted at her and she rolled her eyes and went to grind on another guy. I pushed through the raging crowd as they toppled over the alcohol circling their blood. I finally reached the bar corner and could see her hair falling over her eyes in the corner of my own vision. She sat there and a single tear slipped down her cheek. She sat there frozen, not moving to wipe it away, but sat there as if she didn't exist. I hated this. I wanted to hurt anyone that made her feel this way. I stepped closer to her and as I opened my mouth to speak she cut me off short. "-Trust me, I'm not interested, and neither are you" She said and waved me off as she sat there stirring her drink over and over again. I walked over to the other side of her and she threw the same line at me, assuming it was another guy. "Ah, you see love, I am quite interested." "Are you? Are you really?" She said shooting a sarcastic tone at me and laughing a little bit at me. "You're quite the character" I said to her and watched her eyes roll up. "You don't even know me, you've said about three sentences to me, and I've said even fewer in return." I smiled at her. "Right, you're right-" I said as I sat down in the stool next to hers. "But I've been watching you all night. I saw you come in, and you smiled, but it was fake. You have your hair and makeup done, and don't get me wrong, you look amazing, but you're not quite a fan, are you?" She looked at me, and her eyes traced the colors in my own, her mouth had dropped in awe. "No, I know you're not. You came here with your friend, out seeking a good time, probably promising you a good one as well. You agreed only to get her off your back, and she'll drink,m and maybe hook up with a guy, or maybe push them all on you, but you'll stay here. You'll sit at this bar alone, and you'll act like you don't exist." i paused to watch her reaction, and she proved my theories right by the shock and smidge blushing that crossed her cheeks. "He broke your heart, didn't he? Your friend tried to comfort you, but this isn't what you need. You don't need a loud party with sweaty people pushing into each other and just looking for a hookup. No, no, no, that's way too easy, that's the broken frame of mind." I turned and leaned against the bar table with a drink, nearly full, sitting in my hand. "You need someone to take care of you, you need someone to be there for you, not to push you. Stop me if I'm wrong, but if I didn't just prove that I'm interested in you, please tell me what I can do. Because honestly, watching you all night, all I want to do is take you home and wrap you up and make you feel okay... Make you feel safe." I said and something changed in her expression. She smiled a little bit and reached up to her face to gently wipe away the stains lining her cheeks with mascara. She moved her hair out of her eyes and grabbed her fruity drink in her hand and turned to look me in the eyes once more. "Okay prince charming, you have a name? Or should I call you Charming?" "You call me whatever you want, but most people call me Niall." "Well Charming, I think my friend has already found her playmate for the night, so I'm yours tonight, if you'll have me." She said as she smiled for the first time tonight, a real smile, not a half-ass smile. I returned the smile and placed a couple of bucks on the bar counter to pay for her drink that she never took a sip out of. I grabbed her hand in mine and held her close to me to push through the heated crowd. We made our way out of the pounding music blaring in the brick walls and I signaled for valet to grab my car. They took my ticket and a few workers went to grab it from the garage. She stood next to me in a tight black dress with tall heels. She stood and covered her arms, holding herself in hopes of producing heat. I shook my head and whipped off my jacket to put around her shoulders. "Oh, oh no, Niall it's fi-" "You won't win this argument, besides I'm hot and a little too lazy to hold my own jacket." I said and winked at her. The driver pulled up and turned off the ignition, walking over to me with my own keys in his hand. I walked down and opened the door for her, she blushed a little bit and pushed a stray hair behind her ear. She sat down and got situated and I closed the door behind her, than jogged around the back of my car and took my place by her side. I started the car and pulled off. I watched her as she looked out the window, watching the scenery. "So, Charming, do you ever plan on knowing my name?" She said smiling at me a little bit. I shuttered a little bit in realization that I had completely forgot to ask for her name. "Let me guess, uhh Kelly?" She looked at me and gasped. I looked at her in disbelief that I had actually guessed it on the first try. "Oh my God, how did you-" She said looking at me in awe. I turned and smirked at her, feeling even more confident than before. "I'm totally shitting with you, that's not even close" She said laughing at her own joke, Her laugh, her laugh was amazing. I tried to think of a joke or something funny, just funny enough so that she would laugh again. "Maybe I should just keep calling you Kelly, the whole night, what do you think?" I said smiling a bit. "I think you're crazy if you think I'd stay with you tonight if you didn't even call me by my own name." She said chuckling a little bit. "I'm Y/N" "Y/N, huh?" "yupp, not much to it" "I think beautiful suits you better" I looked over at her and she smiled at her hand in her lap and blushed at my compliment. I reached for the radio and turned the music up one notch. Not loud enough to drown out the conversational mood but loud enough to not drown out the lyrics. Neither of us talked for a few blocks and I tried to keep my attention focused on the dotted line on the street, and not stare at her the whole time, and unless you were there you would not understand the severe difficulty of that task. "Oh God, feel how cold my hand is!" I said reaching down and interlocking her fingers in my own. She looked down and smiled at our hands together and then looked at me as I drove. "Ohhh smooth" She said laughing a little bit but not removing her hand from my grip. "Pretty good way to get you to hold my hand, huh?" I said laughing a little. "Alright Charming you're quite impressive."

More? Hit me up with some requests.

Love as always,
Kate Xx