Masquerade Ball

He sees you at a masquerade ball.

Harry: A simple mask can’t hide Harry from you. You knew he’d be there, spotting those brown curls as soon as you walked in. Harry never paid attention to you. To him, you were invisible but on this night you would be seen. Your mask gave you the courage you needed to approach him, knowing you could simply leave if rejected. “A dance?” Was your simple request to him. He smiled, pulling you onto the floor with everyone else. As the dance went on, those green eyes boring into yours, he spoke. “What took you so long?” He asked, both of you still, no longer dancing even as those around you were. “What do you mean?” You reply, your cheeks reddening a little at the thought that you’re here with him right now. “I’d know you anywhere (Y/N). I’ve been watching you when you weren’t looking forever, waiting for you to finally come to me.”

Louis: All through the night he’s had you on his arm. Although you have no idea who he is, the mystery of the night has you intrigued. With each hour that passes you know you’ll have to part. As the last dance is called you sigh, moving towards the dance floor but he stops you, pulling you in the opposite direction. Once outside he doesn’t waste a moment, your final goodbye as he presses his lips to yours. He looks down at you when he pulls away, lifting his mask from his face to reveal himself, no longer a stranger to you.

Niall: Tonight brought lots of mystery, starting with the dark haired boy you found yourself drawn to, heading over to him as soon as you stepped into the ball. He had your hand in his, both of you moving easily through the crowd, dancing among everyone else. Your focus was drawn elsewhere, the double doors of the entrance opening, a guy standing there, one hand in his pocket and one holding the mask that was placed over his eyes, scanning the crowd. Your hand dropped, walking to the guy, unable to stop yourself from seeing him. At the sight of you he dropped his mask, not a care in the world of who saw him, knowing that he only wanted the chance to see you, none other but Niall Horan standing in front of you. His lips pressed to your hand, treating you as a jewel, delicate and precious. When his blue eyes lifted to yours you gave him your name, a night of your first meeting ending with your first kiss.

Liam: You have no idea who he is and neither does he, only able to see each other through your masks, surrounded by a crowd of other people in the same fashion. All night you’ve been swept onto the dance floor with guys, never connecting with them as you have these brown eyes. He holds on to you, leading you in your dance, his hand on your lower back and yours around his neck. “I want to see your face.” He whispers to you, reaching to pull your mask up, grinning as he see you for the first time. You’re hesitant but pull his off as well, revealed faces in a sea of masked lovers.

Zayn: He sees you as soon as you emerge from the top of the stairs, hidden behind masks but still knowing you’re the girl he wants. His hand immediately reaches for yours when you make your way to the bottom step, the front of his face covered in a simple black mask. He pulls you to the dance floor. His hand is on your waist, no words between you as you glide across the floor. When the dance is finished and you think it’s time to part he still doesn’t let go of you, leaning down to whisper in your ear. “No, you’re mine for the night. Look around.” He says, your eyes flickering across the room. “Every guy in here wants a dance with you but I want to be the only one with that pleasure.” He continues, twirling you around once more.