Dad

[A stein named Frank is a single father with his son that is also a stein, Quinten.]

Frank was getting Quinten ready for his first day of school, he put on Quinten's hat, tan coat, jeans, and sneakers on. [20 minutes later] Frank was holding Quinten's hand. "Will I be okay daddy?" Quinten asked worried. "You're going to be fine." Frank smiled as he kissed Quinten on the head, he was five starting kindergarten. [20 minutes later] Frank was sitting on the couch, he got a picture of his wife Eunice that was a stein, she sadly died from childbirth. [Five years ago] Frank was working until Eunice tapped his back. "What is it babe?" Frank asked. "Frank... Have you ever wanted to start a family?" Eunice asked, holding a pregnancy test behind her back. "Yes, why?" Frank asked confused. Eunice did a smile and showed the pregnancy test that was positive, Frank didn't know what to say at all.

"We're going to be parents?" Frank asked, Eunice nodded her head yes as she began to cry, Frank and Eunice hugged each other shedding tears. [16 weeks later] Eunice was having some morning sickness, Frank put his hand on Eunice's stomach. "Are you okay?" Frank asked. "I'm fine, just morning sickness..." Eunice sighed. [Nine weeks later] Frank and Eunice were sleeping, Eunice then felt something bumping. She put her hands on her stomach, as the baby's footprint was shown on her pjs. "Frank..." Eunice softly spoke. "What is it Eunice? It's 11:37 PM..." Frank sighed tired. "The baby, it's kicking." Eunice smiled, she put Frank's hand on her stomach as Frank felt the baby kick again, he kissed Eunice's stomach. "We are going to have healthy child..." Frank smiled, rubbing Eunice's stomach.

[15 weeks later] Eunice was groaning in pain, trying to reach her phone, she called Frank as she felt another contraction. "What is it?" Frank asked worried. "The baby....  He's coming..." Eunice whimpered. [30 minutes later] Frank was waiting outside as Eunice was crying in the delivery room, the baby's heartbeats were going through the computer. "Just one more push." The nurse instructed. Eunice screamed and pushed as hard she could, the nurse then did a happy smile as the baby was crying. [A few moments later] Frank was smiling, holding his newborn son in his arms who was sucking on a Philips Avent soothie and was wrapped in a light green cloth, along with a white hat with green stripes on his head. "I-I'll name you Quinten after my Grandfather..." Frank stuttered, as Quinten held Frank's finger.

The doctor had a sad face. "She didn't make it, we tried everything to save her..." The doctor whimpered, taking off his mask as Frank began to shed tears softly, Quinten did a little smile at his new father. "I'm going to take good care of you, even if you don't have a mother." Frank smiled. [Two days later] Frank was going to take Quinten from the hospital. "I'm here to take my son home." Frank smiled. "All right, the nursery is on the second floor." The check-in lady informed. [A few moments later] Frank was talking to the nurse. "Okay, there's just one thing about your baby..." The nurse started. "What is it?" Frank asked. "He has a weak bone in his hand, we could do operation but it's too risky." The nurse whimpered. "Oh my, will my son be fine?" Frank asked, concerned and worried. "Maybe yes, maybe no." The nurse added.

[Back to present time] Frank sighed and went to his room. "Eunice, Quinten is growing and growing everyday..." Frank sighed. [A few hours later] Frank was waiting for Quinten to come back, Quinten came back, holding a drawing.  "Daddy, I drew something for you." Quinten smiled, it was Frank and Quinten holding hands. "Wow, it's good..." Frank gasped. [A few hours later] Frank was getting Quinten ready for bed. "You're an angel, just like your mother." Frank smiled, kissing Quinten's head, he had to be a father and a mother at the same time. [Six years later] Quinten was finally 11 in middle school. "Be a good boy for Dad." Frank smiled, Quinten put his backpack on his back. [20 minutes later] The bus was finally at school, some human boys named Luke and Sean came along as Sean kicked Quinten's backpack.

"Nice backpack, loser." Sean laughed. "Please... I've done nothing to any of you two..." Quinten whimpered, putting his stitched hands behind his back. "We don't care, STITCH FACE!" Luke yelled, Quinten sighed and walked away. [30 minutes later] The class was doing a lesson. "What is 2.56 times 7.89?" The teacher asked. "10.45..." Quinten sighed thinking it was addition, Luke and Sean began laughing. "Not even close, stitch face." Sean smirked as Quinten whimpered embarrassedly. "They should leave him alone, everyone makes mistakes..." A kitsune named Fury thought in his head. [20 minutes later] Quinten went to the bathroom, until Sean and Luke came along. "What do you want?" Quinten asked, worried. "Beat him Luke..." Sean smirked, Luke approached Quinten and pushed him to the ground.

Quinten began to cry. "Stop please...." Quinten begged, Luke and Sean began beating Quinten more. [A few hours later] Quinten came home from school. "How was school Quinten?" Frank asked, doing a smile. "Oh, it was fine..." Quinten lied. "Okay, I'm great to hear that." Frank smiled, Quinten ran to the bathroom and he opened up his sleeve, he had a bruise from the beating. "I have a bruise now..." Quinten whimpered. [The next day] Quinten came off of the bus, Sean and Luke came along as Sean kicked his backpack. "Nice backpack, LOSER!" Sean smirked. "What are you a kindergartner?" Luke asked sarcastically as Quinten sighed not knowing what to say, Fury then put his paw on Quinten's back. "Ignore them, they're just trying to be better than you." Fury smiled. [30 minutes later]

"What is 2.56 times 7.89?" The teacher asked. "201,984, I think that's the answer..." Quinten sighed, thinking they were whole numbers. Sean and Luke began laughing. "Hey leave him alone, everyone makes mistakes." Fury growled as Quinten did a little smile, he had a friend to protect him from his bullies now. Quinten and Fury would talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, and talk everyday. Mother's Day was suddenly coming up, Quinten went to Frank. "Dad..." Quinten started. "Yes?" Frank asked. "Do I have a mom? Mother's Day is coming up and I need a present..." Quinten asked, Frank didn't know what to say. "Quinten I-" Frank dropped, starting to cry. "What is it Dad?"  Quinten asked worried. "Your mom is dead... She died giving birth to you..." Frank whimpered, crying as Quinten hugged his dad.

"Don't cry Dad, she's looking down at us..." Quinten smiled. "Thank you, Quinten..." Frank added. [The next day] Quinten was at school again, until Sean came along and kicked his backpack. "Hello again, loser." Sean laughed. "I'm not scared of you anymore." Quinten growled. Luke came along. "Oh my... i'M nOt ScArEd oF yOU aNyMoRe!" Luke mimicked. "Stop..." Quinten whimpered as Sean pushed Quinten to the ground, the other middle schoolers watched. "Look, there's a fight!" One middle schooler pointed. "What are you going to do? Cry to your mommy?" Sean asked. "No.... I don't have a mom..." Quinten started. "Well your mom is thwart!" Luke laughed, as Quinten got up. "DON'T TALK ABOUT MY MOM LIKE THAT!" Quinten yelled, punching Luke in the face.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" The middle schoolers chanted. [30 minutes later] Frank was at home, until he got a call from school. "Hello Mr. Stein, there was a little incident with Quinten and a bully at school, they're both at the hospital." The principal explained. [10 minutes later] Quinten was laying in the hospital bed, as Frank was with him. "I shouldn't have joined the fight Dad..." Quinten whimpered. "Heaven is going to be a better place for you and Mom." Frank smiled as Quinten's heartbeat then stopped, he sighed that he lost his only son. [The next day] Frank was walking across the road until a truck was about to hit him. "OH MY GO-" Frank was cut off as the truck hit him hardly. [A few moments later] Frank began to open his eyes, he noticed he was an angel in a place with clouds.

"Where am I?" Frank asked, Quinten and Eunice as angels came along. "Dad!" Quinten smiled. "Oh my gosh Frank, after all these years..." Eunice dropped, the family of three were back together again. Back at Earth.... Everyone was surprised, just seeing Frank's body laying on the ground.