Void Runners A.U concept

Word Count : 522

Void Runners would have all the Hermits be named one of the following : A Runner, Host, Janitor or Gladiator. And as the title hints at, the hermits who are classified as Runners run through a void like obstacle course and trying to make it to the next level. 

Respawning after dying is going to be a little different. If the void knows that one of the Hermits is struggling with keeping up with the other Runners, it'll target and kill them over and over again, slowly changing their appearance and how they look after every respawn. 

Runner : A classified person who is the actual contestant of the Void's Obstacle Course. Their job is to try and make it through every single course without dying, otherwise they respawn in a cage and are forced to wait for the rest to finish or die. If even one Runner finishes, all Hermits that have died or are still on the obstacle course automatically get sent to the next objective. If all the Runners die and are sent to the cages, the Void will wait an entire days cycle before allowing them all to try again.

Host : A host is the person who selects which obstacle the Runner's will have to get past next. There can be multiple hosts, but then a vote will take place to see what obstacle will pop up next. A host does not participate in the course and it is impossible for a Runner to become a host. Hosts can select the following obstacles : Any monster chase, any obstacles involving the Gladiators and any obstacles involving the Void itself. 

Janitor : A janitor is someone who comes and returns all monsters to their positions after a course is completed. They also make sure that the Gladiator's armor is completely fresh and that their weapons are fully mended together, clean and sharp. Janitor's and Gladiator's can swap positions if they wish for a break from their current positions. Janitors also hand out food and water for the Runners while they wait in cells for the next day's activities. 

Gladiator : Gladiators are a live human obstacle. Their job is to chase, seek and kill Runners, depending on what game is assigned by the Host's vote. Gladiator's can favor Runners, they can spare their lives and they can even talk with the Runners and assist them through the game, but they cannot advance with their favored Runner. They can only assist that Runner for that mini game. 

Runners : Joe, Mumbo, Stress, iJevin, Ren, Bdubs, Keralis, Zedaph, Hypno, Jessassin, Biffa, Tango, xBCrafted, 

Hosts : Xisuma, Cleo, Cub, Python, Impulse, 

Janitors : Grian, Scar, Vintage, 

Gladiators : Iskall, Wels, False, Doc, Ethos, TFC, 

Plot
Wasn't entirely sure, but what if Xisuma created a world where the Void was sentient and it began to trap and lure unsuspecting players that wanted to join a new server. So after awhile of not being able to do anything about the void luring players to the unending server functions, Xisuma draws the line and starts to work on a plan of action to retake the server and free all the players.