To Save A Scientist - Ch. 135

Word Count : 2973 

Requested By : ACykaofSouthEastAsia

Warnings : Feelings of worthlessness, panic attacks, hurt/comfort, platonic hugging, near death experience, 

Characters (Major) : Docm77, XisumaVoid, ImpulseSV, Grian Xe;qua, Mumbo Jumbo, TFC,

Characters (Minor) : Bdouble0100, Keralis, Cubfan135, Biffa2001, Joe Hills, TangoTek, Iskall85, VintageBeef, Zedaph, 

=

Doc took a step back from his Redstone project with a pending frown. The sun was just beginning to set and his machine still wasn't working.

"Gah, stupid thing. Why won't you work?" Doc grouched, kicking up some dirt after striking the ground with his foot. After grumbling to himself in German, a ping from his comm caught his attention. Doc gladly turned his back to the useless hunk of junk to check who was talking.

XisumaVoid : Night's setting in, anyone near a bed so mobs don't spawn in by the hundreds?

Bdouble0100 : My time has come everyone!

Bdouble0100 has went to sleep. Sweet dreams!

Keralis : What would we ever do without Bdubs or Wels?

XisumaVoid : Die apparently since hardly any of us have a good sleep schedule.

Keralis : You right tho, you right.

Doc smiled at the messages before tucking the comm back in his inventory. The sun would be reset and then the rest of the Hermits wouldn't have to worry about mobs. Doc turned on his heel to face his machine again with a new dawn shining down.

New light or not, Doc got only one step forward before he felt pain explode throughout his body. His heart meter dropped and the world around him became deafened from a ring.

Falling to the ground, Doc layed there feeling paralyzed and with no power to yell out in pain. He felt his comm buzz in his inventory multiple times as his vision became as useless as his hearing.

=

Warning! Player Docm77 has taken significant amounts of damage! Heal immediately!

As soon as Xisuma saw the ping he was jumping out of his base window and flying to Doc's coordinates with his bee wings. All sources of damage were like real damage when the server hit Hardcore mode. So damage from a skeletons arrow or a punch from a zombie did much more than on Hard mode.

The sun was at around its eight-o-clock place so the damage must have been taken right before the sun was reset. Goddamnit hardcore glitch.

Finally reaching Doc's location at the half split mansion, Xisuma quickly landed and sprinted to his wounded player, kneeling down beside him.

"Doc, Doc I need you to keep your eye open for me for just a little bit longer." Xisuma pleaded, pulling up his Admin controls.

Docm was laying on the ground on his front. He had a heart and a half on his meter and he was losing consciousness. Wounds covered his body and there was blood pooling beneath him. Normally the Hermits would have been able to walk that off but this was the Hardcore rotation, meaning they bled out and their hearts could stop beating if they fell unconscious.

Oh the pains and dangerous of a Hardcore server.

X's admin panels blinked on with life as he attempted to save Doc's. As he worked on bringing Doc's heart meter up, he sent an emergency message to two Hermits. Cub and Biffa.