RS - The Mole

Word Count : 1535

Warning : Blood warning, torture mentions and less descriptive wounds and such.

Mild Plot : Grian is asked to meet Doc somewhere in No Man's Land to be given a 'minor' annoyance.

-
-
-
-
Grian anxiously landed down in No Man's Land. Spying the hole Doc and Ren had described. "No weapons due to cease fire. What do they want?" Grian thought grimly as he hesitantly approached the hole.

A ladder went down, revealing a small tunnel going in further within the hill. "That's not suspicious at all." Grian mentally huffed before descending down the ladder.

"Ah, about time you showed up."

Grian flinched at the voice. He turned around and faced the owner. "Doc. What do you want?" He snapped back.

The German creeper's facial expression didn't change as he stared the shorter hermit down. "Team Star had a bit of a problem."

Grian glared at Doc. "Mumbo." Cear started to creep into his mind. "What are you calling me here for when you've obviously fixed said problem." He didn't want to make it obvious that he possibly had an idea of what or who Doc was talking about.

The creeper hybrid merely chuckled. "Well, obviously I called because I know you have a connection to our problem. Does the word, mole, ring a bell?"

Grian couldn't stop the panicked wide eyed look he made when Doc replied.

Doc obviously didn't miss it. "So it does. Well. You can have your traitor back; Team Star doesn't want him anyways." Doc flashed his teeth, grinning as he walked passed Grian. "Oh and another thing-" Doc placed his robotic arm firmly on Grian's shoulder, purposely making the grip uncomfortable. "-If you ever try to send someone like that again, what will happen to them, will be far worse than what happened to Mumbo." He hissed before letting go of Grian with a slight shove before going up the ladder and disappearing.

Grian felt his blood run cold. "Mumbo!" His mind screamed as he made his way to the obvious item frame wall.

Running through, Grian saw one look of the inside of the room and immediately wanted to throw up and cry.

Mumbo was standing limply against a wall, his wrists were chained up high enough just so he wasn't able to even kneel properly to rest so his legs were bent at painful looking angles, who knows how long he must have been in that position. His head was hanging down with his longish black hair covering his eyes from Grian's view, though there was obviously blood running down from his head.

Grian quietly moved up towards his friend. "Mumbo!" He whispered.

Before the shorter hermit even knew what happened, Mumbo's head had shot up and he instantly went to lunge for the shorter hermit. The only thing that saved Grian were the chains he was unable to take off MJ.

Grian fell back, startled. "Zero to a hundred. Instant reaction. Saving energy for interrogations. Resistance, openly saying they won't give something to help mental endurance." He caught a glimpse of Mumbo's eyes. They appeared unfocused as the second tallest hermit struggled against the chains holding him captive.

"I WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING!" He screamed.

Grian scrambled to his feet, holding out his hands in front of himself so Mumbo could see them. "Mumbo! Mumbo it's me, Grian!"

The taller hermit instantly stopped, his red eyes returning back into mild focus. "Grian?" He gasped, instantly sounding like himself again. Well as much as himself as he could be right now.