Space Wars - #2 - Knights

Word Count : 1062

-
-
-
-

Everywhere you turned there were war advertisements everywhere. Beckoning you to join and asking for all types of people who worked different professions.

That's just that's way things were now a days on Metrosis. - (Meh-trow-sis) - But it didn't always use to be like that, Metrosis use to be rich in peaceful businesses because of all the fresh mining materials within the planet. Though many say that's the reason why all the Emperial ships were there in the first place.

Seilf1 didn't bother with most of the Empire stuff. As long as they didn't screw with his home they could remain there.

Going his usual route to the mines, Seilf1 walked wordlessly through the massive mark place crowd. He had his tools in his inventory and basically everything else he needed to survive.

People shouted out to customers to buy their stuff. People conversed on different topics as well and there were people who merely stood in silence or walked in silence like Seilf1.

"You there! With the white hair and beard!"

Seilf stopped walking, looking around. He could feel the confused expression plaster itself on his face.

"Yes! Now where you were, look right!"

Selif took a second, turning in the direction where he was originally heading. He then rotated himself in a ninety degree angle to his right.

Sitting on a bunch of crates was a man with brown hair and glasses. He wore tidy appearing clothes with a staff in his hand. Next to him was a hooded figure. A cloak and hood obscuring their features. Though they too appeared to be armed.

The man on the crates gestured for Selif to approach. "Come closer won't you?"

Selif looked on the man with suspicion.

The man with glasses merely spoke again. "A lovely necklace you're wearing."

Selif felt his eyes widen with slight confusion. That statement alone got him to take a few more steps towards the man with glasses and the hooded figure beside him. "How did you know I was wearing a necklace?"

The brown haired man held out his hand. "Might I see it? Don't worry, I'll return it."

Selif looked around before back to the two that called him over. He then reached to his neck and pulled on a string that was hanging from his neck. Pulling it out from under his shirt, he took it off, walking up to the man on the crates and hesitantly placing it within his hand.

With fascination, the man with glasses rested his staff beside himself and gazed upon the necklace.

The necklace was a beautiful white crystal appearing rock. It sold for nothing at the markets because everyone believed it to have no use. Not this man.

The man adjusted his glasses, smiling. "A kyber crystal in its mineral state. Are you of origin?" He asked with a curious smile, looking at Selif.

The miner's head flooded with more questions. Cocking his head to the side, Selif spoke again. "Origin? Kyber crystal?"

The cloaked figure turned their head to the man. "Joe, the man doesn't even know what your talking about? Are you sure he's-"

The man, Joe, interrupted the person. "I'm sure he's one of origin. We, and himself just don't know it yet."

Selif was half tempted to demand for his necklace back and be back on his way towards the mines but he didn't. Damning his curiosity to all hell, he asked one more question. "Know what, yet? Who are either of you?"

-
Person Switch + Time Skip
-

Cleo fidgeted anxiously with her hands. The miner Joe and her brought with them appeared completely shuttle sick. She turned her head once again to Joe. "Are you sure he's it? The man's from Metrosis for the lord's sake!"

Joe merely sat in a relaxed like position. "I know he's it. I can feel it. Trust me, I haven't felt a surged presence that strong before him. It has to be him."

Cleo took a silent but deep breath, watching as the miner in their shuttle swayed slightly with the craft, gazing out towards the stars. Gathering her courage again, she spoke up. "So. First time in space?"

The miner nodded, breathing deeply. "Uh... yeah- well- no. Not exactly. I've been in space, just not in a long time."

Joe chuckled, giving a sympathetic smile to the older man. "Don't worry! You'll get use to it after awhile Selif."

Selif ran a hand through his white hair. "So back on the planet you were talking about some kind of organization that you two are apart of. Care to go more into depth?"

Joe straightened his glasses. "Cleo and I are apart of the Old Republic. A place that teaches people the ways of a Jedi knight."

Cleo watched Selif's facial expression change slightly, as if he were drawing back on some memories or knowledge.

The miner then spoke up. "Jedi... I've heard about them. Monks that use glowing sticks to fight along with some freaky magic powers."

"Magic powers, aka the Force. A connection that binds everything together, living or inanimate, physical or microscopic." Joe corrected.

Selif shook his head. "Whatever it's called. Now explain why you brought me here?"

Joe and Cleo locked eyes for a second.

"Cleo, Mr. Selif has a right to know."

Cleo let a sigh of defeat escape her and she gestured for Joe to go ahead.

Joe then returned his eyes back to the miner. "Mr. Selif. I am, what the Jedi call, a Force Commute. And long story short, I have such a deep and powerful connection with the Force that I can sense other force users or wielders around me. I'm not a Jedi Knight, but I can sense most things Force related."

Selif blinked several times, as if processing what was said to him. "Wait... are you saying-"

Cleo butted it. "Joe think's you're a jedi, Mr. Selif. Meaning he senses that you have some ability; known or unknown, that allows you to use the force."

Selif looked between the two. He then laughed, sounding unsure. "Is this a joke? Really? Me? A Jedi?"

Cleo and Joe both remained silent.

"What the fu-"

-
Fin
-

Races/Planets
Ilruic - El-Er-Ack
Mandalorian - Man-duh-lo-ree-an
Rainima - Rain-eh-ma
Valoria - Val-or-ee-ah
Vodori - Va-door-ee
-
Metrosis - Meh-trow-sis