TF2 - #2

Word Count : 1291

Warning : This chapter is gonna get mature, like with adult jokes about sex and stuff near the end. And strong language so please take note of that.

-
-
-
-

That day, Grian was shown pretty much everything. From a medical wing/lab to the engineering room. There was even a huge main living room with a kitchen attached where everyone could sit and relax. So to say that Grian was pleasantly surprised would be a huge understatement. He wasn't really surprised, he was shocked.

Grian was given a schedule, a room key, an ear piece to help communicate with the rest of his team and he was given a completely different outfit to fit his class. The Scout.

The room he was assigned too wasn't as big as the one he had back with his other team but it had a bed, a closet and a small bathroom. And that was all Grian really needed.

The next following morning, Grian was woken up by a very loud banging sound. Grian shot up from where he was laying as someone yelled down the hall. "WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BACEE! RISE AND SHINE Y'ALL!"

Grian took several deep breaths before swinging his legs off the bed, sitting up. He shut his eyes momentarily before opening them again and standing up. He walked to his rooms bathroom checking over himself before heading to his door and walking out into the hallway.

A bunch of other mercenaries were all also just coming out of their rooms, all heading towards the maining living room.

Grian slowly followed the huge crowd of morning zombies, entering the huge living room. He was greeted with the nice smell of breakfast and a Hello from his fellow class sharer.

"Good morning Grian."

Grian looked at the person, he vaguely remembered the person was named Scar. "Uh... good morning, Scar."

Scar gave a smile towards the new mercenary. "How was your first night and start of the morning here?"

Grian scratched the back of his neck. "It-It was alright."

Scar's smile dropped slightly, looking slightly apologetic. "It's a new change in a new place, that's understandable to feel uneasy. But I hope that we aren't that bad."

Grian couldn't help the small sting of guilt and he quickly gestured his hands slightly. "No no! It's fine, you all are fine, it's just the... new environment thing."

Scar's gaze softened, appearing as if he wanted to shoot down Grian's claim but he let it drop. "Alright, well breakfast is still being made, if you want you can go and sit down and wait. Don't worry, the others may look scary but they really are nice."

Grian nodded before silently going towards the couch were some of the other mercs were sitting on.

"Alright, who's getting the spoon this time?" A demo asked, Grian remembered their name to be Iskall.

A medic, Doc, was laying on the floor. "Not me man, I got him last time. Someone else go get him."

Grian hesitated, struggling to find words. "U-Um... who do you guys need to go get? I-I can-can get him if you want."

Doc didn't even look up at him but he did give him a thumbs up. "Cool, awesome. Engineering room, go in and go to the right, Mumbo should be at his desk or in a corner."

Grian nodded silently then headed down towards the engineering room. "Mumbo's one of those three engies. What's he doing in there?"

Grian thought to himself as he got to the engineering room and slowly walked in, peering around inside. He peered to his right, seeing an empty desk with a lamp on.

Grian took a deep breath. "Alright, get the engineer. First time for everything I guess." The scout quietly walked inside, going to the right and towards the lit up desk. He scanned around for a person.

Sure enough as soon as he could touch the desk, Grian saw the engie, Mumbo, leaning against a wall on his knees, seemingly asleep. Papers were scattered around him and some were even loosely gripped in his hand.

Grian carefully maneuvered his way to the sleeping mercenary, crouching down beside him. He then lightly placed his hand on the man's shoulder. "Uh... Mumbo?" He asked hesitantly. "Its time to wake up."

The mustached engie shifted slightly, his face scrunched up as his eyes fluttered open, appearing out of focus. "Huh?"

Grian backed up slightly from the man as he sat up straighter. The new merc took note of the engie's appearance. "Red eyes, black hair and mustache, pale skin." Grian went and waved a hand in front of the other man's eyes. "Hey, morning sleepy head."

Mumbo brought both hands up to his eyes, rubbing the sleep from them. The engie shifted so his back was now against the wall, groaning out. "Morning already?"

Grian couldn't help but to giggle at the other's sleepy reaction. "Not much of a morning person huh?"

Mumbo let his hands fall away from his face, blinking several times as he locked eyes with Grian momentarily. He merely returned the smile, giving a tired sounding chuckle. "Yeah, you could say that. The others call it a poor sleep schedule. Help me up will you yeah?" Mumbo held out one of his hands.

Grian took hold of the engineers hand and pulled the man up to his feet again. It was now that Grian realized that this mercenary was way taller than Grian had first thought. "Wow, you're a tall glass of water." He blurted out.

Grian felt himself blush in embarrassment as Mumbo burst into laughter. "Thanks mate, I appreciate it. Now come on, let's get back to the others yeah? Wouldn't wanna keep them waiting." And with that, the two headed out of the engineering room and back towards the main living room.

When the two entered the living room again, everyone was eating or just getting it.

Iskall, who was waiting in line looked at the two. "Wow MJ, you look exceptionally horrible today."

Mumbo rolled his eyes. "Thanks mate, I was aiming to look like you."

Grian, along with some of the other mercs in the room snickered and chuckled.

Iskall laughed. "Oh fuck you."

Mumbo went up and grabbed a piece of toast, flicking the demo off. "Fuck me yourself, yeah?" He then took a bite of said toast.

One of the other scouts, Stress, suddenly shot warning glares at Iskall. "Don't you-"

"I'll take you up on that offer, bro." Iskall shot back with a grin.

Stress went and wacked Iskall with a cooked sausage that was in her hand. "Damn it Iskall, mind that we have a new merc in the room!"

Iskall flinched, putting up his arms to block more of the strikes. "STOP HITTING ME WITH YOUR SAUSAGE!"

Doc, False, Cub, Cleo and Biffa all burst out laughing as Xisuma slammed his hands down on the coffee table that was in front of him. "ALRIGHT CHANGING TOPIC!" He blurted out as the room filled with more laughter, Grian's included.

Grian held his stomach, tears threatening to spill from his eyes from laughing too hard. He had never had an exchange like that before with his old team; reason being because it would be too childish. But here this team was making jokes like that with little repercussions.

"Maybe being here with this team won't be so bad."

Fin

Ack- sorry this chapter took so long, I kept being interrupted while typing this and it was throwing my thinking off. But anyways, here ye guys go- you might be seeing more TF2 chapters in the future just because I accidently fell back into the tf2 world and stuff. Oops.