The Girl From The Helicopter-Thomas

Dedicated to Thomas2921

Thomas's POV

After running from those things all night, we barely had the strength to continue on the next morning. We woke up and slowly started gathering our stuff together. I looked up when I thought I heard something.

"Are you alright?"

I ignored Newt as I walked outside and looked around. I thought I saw something in the sky but the sun was making it hard to see.

"Thomas? What's wrong?" Minho asked. I turned around to see the rest of the group following Minho out of the structure we spent the night in and jogged towards me.

"I thought I saw something," I mumbled, still trying to figure out what it was that I saw.

"Thomas," Frypan sighed. "There's nothing in the sky. Are you sure you saw something?"

"I heard it," I stuttered.

"What did you hear?" Newt asked, walking up standing slightly behind me.

"It sounded like something was. . ."

Before I could finish, we saw it. There was something in the sky that looked like it was spiraling out of control. The closer it got to the ground, the more I could tell it was a helicopter.

We jumped when it crashed to the ground. We looked around at each other and without saying anything, ran towards the crash. When we got to where it landed, we looked around.

What was left of the helicopter was crunched. Anything that wasn't on fire, was slowly catching on fire.

"What do we do?" Minho asked, scanning the crash site.

"I don't know," Winston stuttered. "Probably make sure no one is stuck in there."

"What? You think it was empty when it got shot out of the sky?" Frypan scoffed.

"Calm down," Newt instructed. "We just got to. . ."

My breath got caught in my throat when I saw someone trying to crawl out of the helicopter.

"There's someone in there!" I yelled, cutting Newt off.

Without thinking, I ran towards the crash. Dodging the flames, I reached into the helicopter and grabbed the girl. I grabbed her hands and pulled her out of the crash. As soon as I got her out, the guys ran over and helped me carry her to a shady area. We laid her down under a tree and I instantly put my backpack under her head.

"Is she okay?" Winston asked under his breath.

I reached forward and put my fingers on her neck. I let out a sigh of relief when I found her pulse. I pulled my hand away from her neck and looked her over. She was covered in dirt, oil, and fresh blood.

"Thomas? Is she okay?" Newt asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah," I sighed, finally looking away from the poor girl. "Barely."

We were all silent as we stared down at the girl I just pulled out of the helicopter, none of us knowing what to do.

"Check and see if anyone else in the crash survived," I said softly as I moved some hair out of the girl's face. "Maybe see if you can find some water or something to clean these cuts too." The other guys stood up and started searching for other survivors, leaving me with the girl.

My breath got caught in my throat when the girl slowly started to wake up. The girl groaned before her eyes fluttered open. She looked around but when her eyes landed on me, she jumped awake.

"Whoa," I said instantly. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you."

"Who. . . Who are you?" The girl stuttered as she sat up and started looking around.

"I'm Thomas," I smiled at her.

She looked around, her breathing getting stuck in her throat. "Where am I?" She asked under her breath. She gasped in pain, her arms giving out. I instantly caught her, catching her before she could collapse onto the ground.

I held my breath as she cuddled into my chest, a small sob escaping her lips. I wrapped my arms tightly around her, pulling her closer to my chest as she sobbed.

"It's going to be okay," I said softly. I reached up and gently ran my fingers through the girl's hair. "You're safe now."

I looked up when I saw everyone walking over. "Is she alright?" Newt asked. The girl jumped at the new voice. She looked up at the guys, immediately tucking back into my chest. 

"It's okay," I soothed her. "These are my friends. Newt, Minho, Winston, and Frypan."

"What's your name?" Newt asked sweetly.

"Y/N," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"It's nice to meet you, Y/N." Frypan smiled. "Can you tell us what happened?"

"Why were you in that helicopter?" Winston asked.

"My family and I have been hiding in the woods since WICKED took over. Long story short, we were found." Her voice got caught in her throat as she continued telling us her story. "I don't even know what happened to my parents. I have no idea what the people who took them were going to do or where they were taking them. All I know is that I was being sent somewhere they were going to run tests on me."

We looked around at each other, our hearts sinking. Y/N didn't know what that meant, but we did. We knew exactly what kind of tests they were going to run on her. And we knew what would happen if they got the results they wanted.

"I'm guessing by the looks on your faces, you know what would've happened to me," she sighed, looking down at her hands. I sent a knowing look to the boys before turning my attention back to Y/N.

"What happens now?" She mumbled to herself, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Well," I said, my friends looking at me. "Now we take care of you."

"What?" Y/N asked, her voice breaking.

"He's right," Newt jumped in. "We're on our way somewhere safe. You can come with us."

"Are you sure?" She stuttered, looking between all of us. Her eyes landed on me, waiting for my answer.

"We're sure," I nodded, sending her a soft smile. "It's kind of what we do. We look out for each other."

"And you wouldn't mind looking out for me too?" She asked, looking down at her hands again.

"Y/N," I said, making her look up at me. "We'd love for you to come with us."