Calm Down Part 1- Thomas

Dedicated to stilesholland

Thomas's POV

"Are you sure about this?" I overheard Newt whisper. I turned around in my hammock and saw Newt talking with Y/N.

"It'll be fine," she sighed. "Besides, they need my help. I was the one. . . I was the one who was with Ben when he was. . ."

"Y/N, your hands are shaking." He said gently.

"I'm fine," she stuttered.

"It's okay to be scared, Y/N." He started to say as she strapped on her pack. I got up and started walking towards them. She looked up and her eyes widened slightly when she saw me coming towards them.

"I gotta go," she stuttered. I was about to say something when she quickly turned and jogged towards the Maze doors where Minho and Alby were waiting for her.

"What's going on?" I asked Newt.

"Y/N, Minho and Alby are going back into the Maze."

"Wait, what? Why?" I asked, looking towards the doors.

"They're going to retrace Ben's steps," he explained. I looked back at him and saw him smirk. "Don't worry, Tommy. Minho and Alby will keep an eye on Y/N."

The whole day, I caught myself constantly looking towards the Maze doors, waiting for Minho, Alby and Y/N to come back. The closer it got to sundown, the more nervous I got.

"They should be back by now," I said over the rain. "What happens if they don't make it?"

"They're gonna make it," Newt nodded.

I walked towards Newt, making him look at me. "What happens if they don't?" I asked again.

"They're gonna make it," he said softer.

*****

We waited eagerly at the Maze doors for any sign of Minho, Alby and Y/N. I looked at Newt to see him looking just as nervous as I felt.

"Come on, guys," I sighed, "can't we send someone after them?"

"That's against the rules," Gally said without hesitation. I looked down to see him kneeling on the ground, staring at the opening. "Either they make it back or they don't."

"We can't risk losing anyone else," Newt said when he heard me sigh. We all jumped when we heard the doors start to close.

"Oh no," I heard Chuck mumble.

"There!" I said as I saw Minho coming around the corner, dragging Alby.

"Wait, something's wrong." Newt said as Minho put Alby down before running back around the corner. My breath got caught in my throat as Minho came back around the corner carrying Y/N.

"He can't carry both," Gally mumbled.

"Come on, Minho! You can do it!" Chuck yelled. Everyone started yelling as Minho struggled to carry both of them.

"Come on," Gally yelled. "You gotta leave them, Minho!"

"They're not gonna make it," Newt said sadly. Everyone continued to tell Minho to leave Y/N and Alby. I felt my pulse quicken and my adrenaline spike as I did something without thinking.

I ran into the Maze.

"Thomas, no!" Chuck yelled.

I ran through the opening, falling into the Maze right before the doors slammed shut. I looked up to see Minho kneeling beside Y/N's and Alby's bodies.

"Good job," he sighed. "You just killed yourself."

I looked down to see Alby had a gash across his forehead and Y/N was covered in twigs and bruises. "What happened?"

"What does it look like?" He scoffed. He saw the look on my face and sighed. "I did what I had to."

We were quiet as we sat and looked between the two of them. "What happened?" I asked.

"Alby was stung," he sighed.

"And Y/N?" I asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. I looked up when I heard him let out a sigh.

"I. . . I'm not sure," he stuttered.

"What do you mean you aren't sure?"

He looked up with regret in his eyes. "I wasn't with her."

"What?" My breath got caught in my throat.

"We got separated," he said, looking down at Y/N. I reached down and pressed my fingers to her neck.

Nothing.

"I'm sorry, Thomas." Minho's voice broke.

We sat there for what felt like an eternity. All that could be heard was mine, Minho's and Alby's soft breathing.

"What do we do?" I asked softly, looking between Y/N and Alby.

"Well," Minho said, clearing his throat. "Between the two of us we can get Alby back to the Glade."

"What about Y/N?" I asked looking up at him.

My heart sank as he shrugged. He stood up and started to pick up Alby. I stood up, brushing off my pants and helped him. We were about to walk away when I stopped. I slowly looked over my shoulder at Y/N's body.

"There's not point, Thomas. She's. . . She's gone."

Part 2 Coming Soon