In Sickness And In Health-Dylan O'Brien

I was making dinner, waiting for Dylan to come home when the first wave of nausea hit. I took a few breaths as I felt my heart beat faster. I looked down and noticed my hands were shaking. I got scared when I started to see spots.

I looked around the kitchen, trying to find my phone. I bit my lip when I saw it on the table, all the way across the room. I took a few shaky breaths as I walked over to the table.

My hands were still shaking as I tried to find his contact.

"Hey, babe. I am leaving now. I should be home. . ."

"Dyl?" I cut him off.

"Y/N? You okay?"

"I. . . I don't know," I stuttered. "I feel kinda. . .funny."

"Y/N?"

That was the last thing I heard before darkness took over and I collapsed.

Dylan's POV

My heart jumped in my chest when I heard the phone clatter to the floor. "Y/N? Come on, baby. Answer me. Please."

Nothing.

I pushed down on the gas harder, unable to get Y/N's broken voice out of my head. I pulled into our driveway and threw the car in park. I left the keys in the ignition as I ran inside.

"Y/N?" I yelled as I ran through the door. I ran into the kitchen and froze in the doorway when I saw Y/N on the floor. "Y/N!" I ran forward and knelt in front of her, gently pulling her into my chest.

"Y/N, wake up. Please, baby." I pressed my fingers to her neck and could barely feel her pulse. I reached into my pocket and called 911.

"911, whats your emergency?"

"My wife. . . She passed out and I don't know what to do. Please, you have to help me."

"We will send an ambulance now. What's you're address?"

After giving them our address, I hung up the phone and pulled Y/N into my chest. "I'm here. It's going to be okay, baby. I'm here."

*****

I sat in the waiting room, waiting for the doctor to come out with her results. My leg bounced as I imagined the worst.

Y/N and I met on set of Teen Wolf. She was working as an intern when we started dating. She moved in with me after Maze Runner came out. In the break between Maze Runner and Scorch Trials, I asked her to marry me and she said yes. She planned the wedding while I filmed Scorch Trials. A few weeks after the premiere, we got married.

She's been my rock through everything. The long distance, the long breaks between the time we see each other, the stress of filming. Especially after the accident. She flew all the way out and spent nights in an uncomfortable hospital chair to be with me.

She's my best friend. She's the love of my life. She's my world. She's my everything. Losing her would be the worst thing to ever happen to me. I'd rather lose my job and never act again then lose her.

"Mr. O'Brien?" I lifted my head up when I heard the doctor walk into the waiting room.

"How is she?" I jumped up and practically ran over to him.

The doctor hesitated before sighing, "Why don't you come with me?" My heart dropped as he turned and headed back the way he came. I followed him down the hallway, my heart pounding against my chest.

I held my breath as we stopped in front of a room. "She's right in here," the doctor said softly. He opened the door for me and I held my breath as I walked in.

My breath got caught in my throat when I saw Y/N lying in the hospital bed. I instantly noticed how pale she was. "Y/N?" Her name got caught in my throat. I held my breath as she turned towards me.

"Hey, baby." She smiled.

I walked into her room and gently pulled her into my chest. My heart was pounding as I pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "I thought I lost you," I whispered.

I pulled away to see her smiling at me. "You could never lose me," she said, cupping my cheek. I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers.

When I pulled away, I sat in the chair next to her bed and took her hand in mine. "How are you feeling?" I asked, softly.

"I'm okay. A little tired," she shrugged. She turned towards the doctor and asked, "Did you get the results back?"

"Yes," the doctor said softly. "Mr. O'Brien, we did an MRI on your wife and we found a brain tumor."

My heart dropped at the news. "What?"

"What are our options?" Y/N asked, surprisingly calm.

"Well, we caught it early on so our options aren't as limited. It's small, about the size of a penny. Either medication or radiation will work."

I was speechless. I still couldn't believe that my Y/N had a brain tumor.

"What are the pros and cons of both?" Y/N asked.

"Typically, people chose radiation over the pills. The pills tend to have more severe side effects than the radiation."

"How long for each?" Y/N asked. I still couldn't find my words. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"You'd have to take the pills, twice a day for about two months. If you chose radiation, you'd have to do one session a week for about 8-9 weeks."

"How will she feel?" I asked, finally able to form words.

"The pills will make you have severe headaches that will make you nauseous and dizzy. So dizzy there will be times when you won't be able to stand up. You won't be able to keep any food down. You'll be very sick for the next few months."

"Wow," she said softly. It was the first time since we got the news that Y/N looked scared.

"What about the radiation?" I asked, squeezing her hand.

"Radiation would be less painful. You won't have the long term affects you would if you took the pills. You'd only feel a little nauseous and dizzy for a few hours after each session."

"That's not so bad," she said softly. "I guess."

The doctor looked between Y/N and I. "Why don't I let the two of you talk?"

"Thank you," I nodded as he left. When the door shut, I turned towards Y/N to see her hands shaking. "It's going to be okay," I whispered. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm scared, Dyl." She said, softly. I reached forward and cupped her cheek with my hand.

"You are the strongest woman I know," I said firmly. "I made a promise to you when we got married that I would be there for you, that I would love you no matter what."

"I know that Dylan, but. . . You don't need this right now."

"Don't need what? Don't need my wife? My best friend? The love of my life? The reason I do what I do? Y/N, I need you. I could lose my job tomorrow and I would be fine. But if I lost you, I would go out of my freaking mind."

I titled my head confused when she smiled and let out a soft giggle. "What?"

"Your Stiles Stilinski is showing."

I smiled as she let out the laugh I fell in love with. "You're more than my wife, Y/N. You're my best friend, my motivation, my rock. I know the next few months are going to be hard, but I am going to be right next to you the whole time. I made a promise to you, Y/N. A promise that I intend to keep. In good times and in bad. In sickness and in health."

"I love you," she whispered as she reached up and cupped my cheek in her hand.

"I love you too," I whispered as I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers.