Dangerous Woman Part 2-Mitch Rapp

The nights after Keller tried to kidnap me, I had nightmares. The only problem is, I couldn't tell my dad. He already felt guilty that Keller broke in, tried to take me, and that I was the one who shot him. If he knew I was having nightmares, his guilt would get worse.

So instead, I suffered alone. After a nightmare, I'd wake up and struggle to cover my sobs. Much like tonight.

My arms were tied behind my back. The room was dark and musty. I sucked in a breath and backed as far against the wall as I could get as he walked in.

"Well well well," Keller chuckled as he walked closer. "I have to say, Y/N, waiting on your father to pay your ransom is getting a little tiresome."

I whimpered as he knelt down, smirking at me. "If he doesn't pay soon, you and I are going to have some fun."

I let out a muffled scream as he pulled out a knife, gliding the blade down my cheek.

"Fun in 3. . . 2. . ."

I woke as he was about to push the knife into my stomach. I instantly covered my mouth to stifle my sobs. I jumped when my door swung open. I looked over, still struggling to breathe as Rapp ran over to me.

"Y/N?" He said my name, the panic clear in his voice. "Are you alright? What happened?"

"I. . . He. . . He had me. . .waiting. . . a ransom. . . my dad," I stuttered.

Mitch carefully cupped my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him. His thumbs rubbed my cheeks as he smiled at me. "Y/N, who's he?"

"Keller," I said under my breath. Mitch sighed before sitting on the edge of my bed and pulling me into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back as he held me close to his chest.

"It's alright, Y/N," he said softly. "Just breathe. You're safe. Keller's gone. He can't hurt you anymore. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Ever again."

And he meant it.

Ever since Keller broke into the Barn, my father hasn't let me out of his sight. He's been constantly checking in on me, doubling security, and never lets me be alone. If my dad isn't the one watching me, Mitch Rapp is with me.

He actually was the assassin to volunteer to watch me if my dad had to go meet with Irene. Surprisingly, my dad is also still allowing Rapp to train me. But only if he can stand by and observe. He watches us train, constantly reminding Rapp to take it easy on me.

* * * * *

I was reading a book in my room when my father stormed in. "Is everything okay?" I stuttered as I slowly closed my book.

"Honey, something's happened." He said as he stopped in front of me.

"What?" I asked as I stood up. He gently grabbed my shoulders, rubbing his hands up and down my arms.

"Listen, baby," he sighed. "I have to go."

"Wait," I stuttered. "Why?" I asked, trying not to panic.

"I have to fly to Washington D.C. to talk to Irene and some other heads at the CIA and FBI."

"You're. . . You're leaving?" I stuttered. "But. . . What if. . ."

"You're going to be fine, baby," Dad said gently. "I promise. I've already talked to Victor and Rapp. They're going to make sure you're safe while I'm gone. Rapp will still be training you and Victor will be overseeing it. You're going to be fine, sweetheart. I promise."

* * * * *

I watched with my arms wrapped around myself as my dad put his bags in his car. I bit my lip as he turned around, sending me a soft smile. He walked over and wrapped his arms around me.