Her Part 5-Mitch Rapp

Mitch's POV

We were picked up a few minutes later. The entire ride to the safe house, I sat in the back, Y/N still clinging onto me. Her head was leaning against my shoulder, one arm wrapped looped around mine and the other across my lap as she held my hand in hers.

With the arm that I had wrapped around her, I continually rubbed her arm, reassuring her that everything was going to be okay.

I looked out the window as we pulled up to an apartment building. Y/N looked at me confused before our door was opened for us. Still holding her hand, I helped her out of the car. The second her feet touched the pavement, she reattached herself to me.

Hurley stopped when he saw the way Y/N was clinging to me. I thought he was going to say something, but he nodded before walking inside. Once we stepped off the elevator, Hurley checked the hallway before allowing us to follow him.

He unlocked the apartment being used as a safe house and moved aside so we could walk in. Y/N looked at me before finally letting me go and quickly walking inside.

"Rapp," he called me back. I turned around in the doorway, furrowing my eyebrows together when I noticed him not making any movement to come inside.

"I will be in the apartment across the hall. You stay here, with Y/N. Something tells me she'll feel better with you there instead of me."

Before I could say anything, he turned on his heel and headed into the apartment across the hall. I shrugged as I headed inside.

"Mitch?" I  heard Y/N shakily say my name.

"I'm right here," I said as I walked into the apartment. I shut the door and the second I turned around, Y/N buried herself into my chest. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"I'll always be right here, Y/N." I whispered. I leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

As she looked up at me, I added, "I will never leave you again. I promise."

Before I could stop myself, I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. I held my breath and was about to pull away when she started kissing me back. Our lips moved in sync as we stood in each other's arms by the closed door. I was the first to pull away, pressing my forehead to hers.

"Mitch," she whispered.

"I will do whatever I need to in order to protect you, Y/N." I rubbed our noses together. "I will never leave you again. You mean so much to me and I already lost one love of my life. I can't lose the other."

She pulled away and looked up at me, her eyes soft. "The other love of your life?" She stuttered. I smiled as I reached down and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, my hand lingering on her cheek.

"I know it's. . . I know it's kind of weird, but. . . When we first met, I was kind of in love with you. After we graduated high school, I didn't think anything could happen so I moved away and tried to forget you. I shouldn't have and. . . I'm sorry. . . I just. . ."

She stood on her toes, cutting me off as she pressed her lips to mine. I instantly started kissing her back, wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me.

"I understand," she whispered as she pulled away, our noses brushing against each other. "I did the same thing. I thought I could move on after you left for college, but. . ."

"But?" I asked as I leaned back and looked down at her.

"I couldn't get you out of my head. I tried to move on, but I just couldn't stop thinking about you. Not to say I didn't date other guys because I did, I just. . . None of them compared to you."