Dinner With My Parents-Dylan O'Brien

I bounced my leg as Dylan drove to my parent's house. The radio played softly as we got closer and closer. Sure, my parents have met Dylan over Skype and talked to us hundreds of times over the phone, but this was the first time they were all meeting face-to-face.

Dylan and I met on the set of the first Maze Runner. He, of course, was Thomas. I was an assistant costume designer. Mainly, I would make alterations so the costumes fit the actors better.

Although we met during the first one, we were just friends. By the end of Scortch Trials, Dylan finally asked me out. We've been dating since. Now, they were filming Death Cure.

After hearing me talk about Dylan, my mother pestering me till she ran out of breath, I finally gave in and set up a night that Dylan and I could drive to my parents' house and have dinner.

"You okay?" Dylan asked as he reached over and grabbed my hand.

I nodded but stopped when I saw the look he sent me. "No," I sighed, looking down at our intertwined hands. "I'm nervous."

"That your parents won't like me?" He asked when I didn't continue.

"They are super picky about who I date. My dad is so protective that I never bring guys home. The first time I did. . . Let's just say the boy never spoke to me again."

"Y/N," he sighed. "I love you and nothing is going to scare me away from the woman I love."

He leaned over and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss as he reached up and cupped my cheek. We jumped apart when we heard someone behind us honk their horn. I laughed when I looked over to see the light was green.

Dylan pressed another soft kiss to my lips before turning back around and driving down the road.

My heart jumped into my throat as Dylan pulled the car into my parents' driveway. "You ready?" He asked as he put the car in park.

"I guess," I said softly as I rubbed my shaking hands on my skirt.

He leaned over and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "It's going to be okay. I promise. I love you." He leaned back and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Should I keep the car running in case I need to run away?"

I playfully hit his arm as he sent me a smirk. He leaned in and pressed a small short kiss to my lips. "Let's go," he whispered as he pulled away and gently rubbed his nose against mine.

He got out of the car and walked over to my side, opening the door for me. He grabbed my hand and helped me out of the car. With our hands intertwined, we walked up to my parents' door. I smoothed out my skirt as Dylan rang the doorbell.

"Did you leave the car running?" I mumbled as I heard my mother say she was coming to the door.

"We're going to be fine," Dylan laughed as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

I jumped slightly, making Dylan hold in a laugh, as the front door swung open. "Y/N!!!" My mother squealed as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hi mom," I said between her excited squeals.

"I'm so happy you're here!" She pulled out of the hug as she continued to squeal, "I made you your favorite dinner, homemade lasagna, fresh lemonade, garlic bread, and Caesar salad. Oh! This must be Dylan!" I laughed as she practically pushed me aside to greet Dylan.

I held in a laugh as she pulled him into a tight hug. "Sorry," I mouthed as I sent him a playful shrug. Dylan sent me a smile as my mom rocked them back and forth.

"Well come in!" She smiled as she finally released Dylan. I smirked as she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. I followed them inside, closing the door behind me.