Help Our Mommy Part 2-Thomas

Dedicated to ScorchedThomas2922

Thomas' POV

Vincent found someone who could duplicate the cure and they spent all night doing it.

While they were duplicating the cure, I was sitting in the cold cave, across from Y/N.

"You're having a hard time looking at me," she observed.

"No. I just," I stuttered. She cut me off with a small laugh.

"It's okay, Thomas. I know I'm not the. . .easiest person to look at right now." I felt guilty as she looked at her veiny hands. My guilt got worse when I saw a tear slide down her cheek.

"It's not that, Y/N," I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "It's just. . . I lost someone to the flare a few months ago. He was trying to fight it, but. . . He ended up taking his own life to save his friends."

"What was his name?" She asked softly. "If you don't mind," she quickly added.

"Newt." I looked up when I heard her breath get caught in her throat. Her eyes widened and tears were forming.

"What is it? Are you okay?"

"His name was Newt," she said more like a statement than a question.

"Yeah," I said, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion. I hesitated to reach over and grab her hand, but decided last minute not to. "We escaped the Maze and W.C.K.D. together. Y/N, are you alright?" I asked when I noticed her hands shaking.

"Newt was my brother."

My heart jumped at her words. "What?"

"Tall, blonde, kind of skinny?" She described. She bit her lip to stifle a sob as I nodded. "That's my brother, Newt. He was barely a year younger than me."

"I am so sorry," I said softly. This time I didn't hesitate to reach over and grab her hand.

"It's ready," Vincent said, walking over with the doctor behind him holding the blue liquid in a different syringe. For a brief moment, Y/N actually looked scared.

"Don't worry," I whispered, still holding her hand. "I'm not going anywhere."

I bit my lip when the doctor put the syringe into the vein in her arm, making her gasp in pain.

"Thomas," she said, pain lacing her voice.

"I'm here," I said gently, causing her to look at me.

"I. . . I need you to promise me something," she barely got out.

"Anything," I whispered. Out of the corner of my eye I could see them pushing the syringe, causing the blue liquid to enter Y/N's bloodstream.

"I need you to promise that if something happens to me, you'll look after Logan and Laura."

"Y/N," I sighed. "Don't talk like that. You're going to be okay."

"Thomas," she cut me off closing her eyes. When she opened them again, her eyes were clearer then they had been since I first met her. "Please, Thomas. Please."

Please, Tommy. Please.

For a brief moment, I saw Newt looking at me with the same expression Y/N had on her face. I gave her hand a tight squeeze as my eyes watered. "I promise."

It took the cure a second before it started to have any affect. Once it did, I instantly noticed the color returning to her face.

"We should let her get some rest," Vincent whispered after he put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at Y/N before nodding. I let go of her hand and stood up.

"Thomas." I turned around to see Y/N looking at me. "Thank you."

*****

Vincent and I walked in silence out of the caves. "You know something Thomas?" He said, breaking the silence. "You may not realize it, but you actually give everyone a lot of hope around here."

"I do?"

"Yeah," he said with a slight laugh. "People look towards you. You were brave enough to go against W.C.K.D and that bravery led to all of this."

"If people look towards me, how do I keep this bravery?" I mumbled under my breath.

He stopped walking and turned towards me. "You already are. You already did. By helping Logan and Laura. By saving Y/N you showed people that things truly are getting better."

The second we stepped out of the cave, Logan and Laura ran up to us. "What happened?" Logan asked.

I looked down when I felt a tug on the bottom of my shirt. Laura looked up at me with scared eyes. "Is mommy going to be okay?"

I knelt down so I was eye level with her and smiled. "Mommy is going to be fine."

Part 3 Coming Soon!