Nervous Induced Asthma-Stiles Stilinski

Stiles's POV

"Will you just ask her out already?" Scott sighed, pulling my attention away from Y/N who was currently sitting under a tree, reading while she ate her lunch.

"Are you kidding?" I laughed. "She would never go on a date with me."

"You don't know that unless you ask her out," Scott sighed.

"Well, that's easy for you to say Mr. Werewolf," I grumbled.

"Stiles," he sighed. "You have been in love with Y/N since like the third grade. You've been best friends for longer."

"Exactly," I said, cutting him off. "We've been friends since kindergarten. If I tell her how I feel, I could risk losing all of that. I could risk losing her and that would be the worst thing in the world."

"You're not going to lose her," Scott said, sending me a sad smile. He hesitated before sighing. "I promised her I would never tell you this, but she'll thank me later."

"Tell me what?"

"Y/N's in love with you."

I felt like the wind was knocked out of me as he said those five words. "What?" My voice got caught in my throat. "How. . . How do you know?"

"Do you remember the lacrosse party we had last year? You spent the whole time making sure none of the freshman lacrosse players talked to Y/N."

"Oh yeah," I laughed. "Liam wouldn't leave her alone. He followed her around like a puppy." I said, trying not to get mad.

"Anyway," Scott said, "she got a little drunk because of. . . Well, she saw you and Lydia talking and got jealous. While she was drunkingly walking around the backyard, almost falling in the pool, she told me how she had been in love with you since you danced with her at the eighth grade dance."

"I remember that," I said, smiling.

"Now that you know how she feels about you, will you please tell her?"

I looked at Scott before looking over at Y/N. "Okay. I'll do it. I'm gonna do it.  I'm actually gonna do it. I am. I am going to do it. I'm going to walk over to her and ask her out on a date for this weekend."

"Stiles?" Scott said, interrupting my rambling.

"Yeah?"

"You know you haven't moved, right?"

I laughed nervously, my hands shaking. I took a deep breath as I stood up and put my backpack over my shoulder. I smiled as I watched Y/N take a bite of her apple.

"Go get that girl, Batman." Scott laughed.

I nervously walked over to her. The closer I got, the more my hands shook. As I stood in front of her, I looked behind me to see Scott sending me a thumbs up.

"Hey, Y/N?" I stuttered. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey, Stiles." The way she was looking at me made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. "You okay?" She asked slightly furrowing her eyebrows and tilting her head.

"Yeah," I stuttered as I struggled to breathe. I reached in my backpack and took out my inhaler. Y/N watched as I shook my inhaler and took a deep breath.

"Stiles? Are you sure you're okay? You haven't had to use that since like seventh grade," she said pointing at the inhaler in my hand.

"Iwaswonderingifyouwantedtogoonadatewithme," I rushed out.

"What?" She said with a small laugh. "Stiles, breathe."

I took a deep breath before trying again. "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date. With me," I clarified. I held my breath waiting for her to answer.

"I'd love to," she smiled.

"Really?" I cleared my throat when my voice cracked. "Great! How about Friday? Around 7?"

"Sounds great," she said her smile not leaving her face.

"Cool," I said trying not to celebrate in front of her. "I'll pick you up at 7 then. I umm I look forward to our date."

"Me too," she said making my heart skip a beat.

"Cool," I said, not knowing what else to say. I jumped when the bell rang. "Umm do you. . . Can I walk you to class?"

"Well, we are both going to Coach's class so sure," she said with a small laugh. I turned around and saw Scott winking at me as Y/N stood up and threw her trash away.

As we started walking to class, I reached over and grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers.