Safe & Sound-Mitch Rapp

Requested by Thomas2921

I clutched Logan's small hand in mine, hesitating to knock on the door. I knew that he promised if I ever needed anything, I could come to him but. . . Bringing Logan here? With all the dangerous things that could happen?

"Mommy?" Logan whispered as he tugged on my hand. I looked down at him with a hesitant smile on my face. "Why haven't we knocked yet?"

I let out a forced laugh as I lifted my hand and finally knocked on the door, sending my 6-year-old son a wink. I held my breath as I waited for someone to answer the door. I gasped when it finally opened, revealing a familiar face.

"Y/N?" Victor stuttered as he looked at the dirt road behind us. "What are you doing here?"

"We need to see Hurley," I got out, ignoring the look of my son glancing between the two of us. "Alan is back."

The second that name left my lips, I felt Logan tuck into my side. Victor's eyes widened as he looked at me before glancing down at my son, clutching onto me.

"Come inside," he said quickly as he grabbed the suitcases we had behind us and ushered us inside. I turned around and saw him glancing around the property before closing and locking the door.

"This house is big," Logan whispered, tugging on my arm.

"I know, baby," I chuckled. "You'll get used to it."

"Victor?" We looked over to see a man around my age jogging towards us. "What the hell is going on? Who are these people?"

Logan hid behind me as the man reached for his gun. Victor immediately grabbed the guy's arm, stopping him. "Seriously?" He scoffed. "Relax, Rapp. These are some old friends. They need our help."

"Mommy?" Logan stuttered, pulling on my arm. I turned away from the two men to see my son eyeing them. "You've been here before?" I ignored the look Victor sent me as I knelt in front of Logan.

I reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind his ear. "When I was a little older than you, my daddy brought me here."

"Why?"

I looked up at Victor and sighed before turning my attention back to my son. "Remember mommy telling you that we lost grandma when I was little?"

Logan nodded as I explained. "Well, after mommy lost her mommy, grandpa brought me here."

"To keep you safe?" Logan stuttered. My heart sank into my stomach when I saw the scared look on his face.

"That's right."

"So, if grandpa brought you here to keep you safe, we're going to be safe here too?" Logan asked, glancing at the men behind me.

"Baby," I whispered, making him look at me. "We are going to be safe. Think of this place like a castle. A king wouldn't leave his home unguarded, right?"

"Of course not," Logan giggled.

"Exactly," I smiled. "As long as we are here, we are surrounded by people who can, and will, protect us."

"Promise?" He asked, his voice getting caught in his throat. I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, my lips lingering on his skin.

"I promise," I smiled as I pulled away. "Mommy isn't going to let anything happen to you."

Logan smiled as he wrapped his arms tightly around me. I sighed as I pulled him closer into my chest. I let go of my scared son as I stood back up, turning towards the two men watching us. Victor was smiling while Rapp was looking between the two of us with a weird expression on his face.

Dylan O'Brien ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara