A Strong Connection-Stiles Stilinski

As Deaton explained the process, my hands wouldn't stop shaking. I kept looking between the metal tubs full of ice water and Stiles. I zoned back into the conversation, nervously biting my thumb.

"But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back," Deaton explained. "Someone that has a strong connection with you, a kind of emotional tether."

I looked around the room, to see everyone nervous. Not as nervous as I was, but nervous. "I'll go with you, Scott." Deaton started listing off. "Lydia can go with Allison. And Y/N, you go with Stiles."

When Deaton announced that I would go with Stiles and not Allison, Stiles looked over at me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but there was something odd with how Stiles was looking at me. I looked down at the tubs, my eyes watering as my hands began to shake again.

I looked back at Stiles, shook my head, and quickly walked out of the back room. I was almost to the Animal Hospital front door when I felt someone grab my wrist.

I turned around to see Stiles was the one who grabbed me. "Are you okay?" He asked gently.

"No," I sighed as I pulled my hand out of his. "I'm not okay, Stiles. I'm not okay with the idea of holding you underwater until you, basically, drown. I can't do it! One of your biggest fears is drowning. I can't. . . I can't do this. . ."

I tried to walk away again, but he instantly stopped me and pulled me into his chest. Silent tears streamed down my cheeks as he gently rubbed my back.

"It's going to be okay," he said under his breath. "It's going to work out. Scott will be fine. Allison will be fine. And I will be fine."

"If something happened to you," I started.

He shook his head with a small laugh as he pulled out of the hug. He rubbed my arms up and down as he stared down at me with a small smile on his lips.

"Do you know why Deaton has you holding me down?"

"Because of an emotional tether," I said more like a question than a statement.

"Exactly," he said as he reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand lingering on my cheek. "An emotional tether."

"What does that. . ."

Before I could finish my question, he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips. At first, I couldn't believe he was kissing me. When the shock wore off, I started to kiss him back.

He was the first to pull away. "It makes sense that you would be the one to bring me back because, Y/N, I'm in love with you."

His words took a second to sink in. When they did, a big smile spread across my face. "Stiles," I said, my voice getting stuck in my throat. "I'm in love with you, too."

I laughed at the relief that spread across his face before he leaned down and kissed me again.

"You guys coming?" We heard Scott call out from the back room, making us pull away.

I looked up at Stiles, my once happy heart sinking when I thought about having to hold him under. "Y/N," he said gently when he saw the look on my face. "It's going to be okay. I trust you to be able to bring me back. Don't worry about me. We are going to go in, find what we need, and be back before you know it. I promise."

"You can't promise that, Stiles," I said as I took a step back.

Stiles instantly stepped towards me. He grabbed my cheeks and pressed his lips to mine. Our lips moved in sync for a little bit, before he pulled away.