It Should've Been Me-Mitch Rapp

Mitch's POV

Y/N was already in training when I joined Hurley's team. She went with me on my first assignment chasing down a drug lord who had been hiding in Russia. We've been partners since that mission.

We were currently in Paris, gathering as much intel on a corrupt politician before reporting back to Hurley.

"There he is," Y/N mumbled under her breath as she took a drink of her wine. "Walking into the bar now." She nodded towards the mirror that was hanging behind the hotel bar.

I felt my jaw clench as he walked into the bar, scanning the bar like he was hunting for something. "Heads up," I mumbled. "He's on his way over to us now. His eyes are on you."

I was about to stand up and walk away but stopped. "If he touches you. . . If he does anything. . ."

"I'll be fine, Rapp." She whispered. "Now, go." I sent her one last look before standing up with a grunt and walking away. I stood outside the bar, leaning against the wall.

"Is this seat taken?" I heard him ask her in his think French accent.

"All yours," she said in her "undercover" voice. I peaked back into the bar to see him sit on the bar stool next to her. I clenched my jaw as he flirtatiously put his hand on her bare thigh.

She looked down at his hand before smirking back up at him. "And what do you think you're doing? I usually like a guy to buy me a drink before I let him get this close."

"Well then," he smirked. "What can I get you?"

I felt my blood boil every time he made her laugh. My eyes widened when I noticed myself feeling protective and almost possessive of her. I haven't felt like this since Katrina.

I quickly kicked off the wall and walked outside. When I felt the cold Paris air, I took a deep breath. I walked a few blocks to clear my head before heading back to the hotel.

When I got back, I instantly walked to the bar. I froze in the doorway when I saw that the bar stool Y/N was sitting on when I left was empty.

"Shit," I swore under my breath as I turned around, scanning the lobby. My eyes narrowed when I saw one of his body guards outside smoking. I rolled my shoulders and grabbed my gun.

I stepped outside and started walking over to him. "Hey," I said making him look at me. When he turned around, I hit him across the face with my gun. I smirked as he fell to the ground. I easily dragged him to the alley way, leaned him up against the wall, and woke him up.

"Where's your boss?" I asked. When he didn't answer, I punched him. I knelt down in front of him and glared.

"Your boss took a woman. If anything happens to her, I will come back and torture you myself. Now, I'm going to ask you again. Where are they?"

"He took her up to his room." He mumbled.

"What room number?" I asked between gritted teeth.

"Top floor. Presidential suite."

I ran back inside and sprinted to the elevator. I pushed the button over and over again until the doors finally opened. I pushed the button for the top floor and anxiously waited for the elevator doors to open. Once they did, I ran towards the Presidential Suite. I was about to open the door when I heard three gunshots.

With my gun raised, I kicked down the door. I ran inside but froze when I saw Y/N on the ground, clutching her stomach.

"Y/N!" I yelled putting my gun in my waistband and running over to her. My heartbeat sped up when I pulled her into my chest. "Y/N," my voice broke as I reached and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.