Her Part 3-Mitch Rapp

I sat outside Y/N's hospital room, nervously bouncing my leg. I looked up when Hurley walked over. He held out a cup of coffee that I took with a nod. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"It's not your fault," he sighed as he sat next to me.

"If I hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have hurt her," I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"You don't know that," he said, taking a sip of his coffee. "Oh," Hurley added. "Her father wants to talk to you." I looked up from the cup in my hand to see Mr. Walker, Y/N's adopted dad, walking towards me.

"Mitch Rapp," he smiled. I stood up and put my coffee on the table.

"Hello, sir." I said shaking his hand.

"It's good to see you again, Mitch."

"You too, sir." I cleared my throat before adding, "Sir, I am so sorry that I wasn't. . . That I didn't. . ."

"Thank you," he said, interrupting me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You have always been there for my daughter. I don't know how you got wrapped up in protecting her, but I'm glad it was you."

I was speechless. This man should hate me for putting his daughter in danger, but instead he was thanking me. "Sir," I stuttered.

"She was asking for you." He sent me a smile before walking past me and talking to Hurley. I took a deep breath before walking to her room. I could feel Hurley watching me as I knocked on her door.

"Come in," she said softly through the door. I took a deep breath before opening her door.

"Mitch," she smiled.

"Hey, Y/N." I smiled for the first time in what felt like forever. "How are you feeling? He didn't hurt you, right?"

"I'm fine, Mitch. He didn't hurt me."

"Good," I nodded. I looked at her before quickly looking away. I wanted to say something to her, but I was at lost for words.

"It's my fault he grabbed you," I whispered.

"What?"

"I called attention to you, so he panicked. We're just lucky he didn't hurt you. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I never meant for you to get hurt."

"Mitch," she said softly making me look up. "Thank you."

She smiled when she noticed me opening and closing my mouth. She reached her hand out to me and I took it without hesitation. "It's not your fault."

"Yes it is," I stuttered. She squeezed my hand, making me shut up.

"You never fail to appear when I need you the most," she smiled. I sat down next to her bed, her hand still in mine.

"I've missed you so much, Y/N." I said unable to stop the tears. I held her hand in both of mine, brought it slowly up to my lips and pressed a soft kiss to her knuckles.

"I've missed you too, Mitch." I smiled as she pulled me up and scooted over so I had room to lay down next to her.

I ran my hand through her hair and felt her breathing slow as she fell asleep on my chest. I continued to run my fingers through her hair as I felt myself falling asleep.

I closed my eyes, but could hear Y/N's dad and Hurley talking outside.

"What happened to your men not making things personal, Stan?" Mr. Walker laughed.

"Yeah," Hurley sighed. "Rapp isn't known for following orders."

"No offense Stan, but I'm glad he made it personal. Mitch Rapp promised he would always take care of my daughter. I'm just relieved that after all this time, he's still willing to keep that promise."

Part 4 Coming Soon