Chapter 142

I sat at the dining table and ate breakfast next to Hope, Oliver, Freya, and Keelin. Keelin had just came back from being overseas as soon as she heard about me. Stiles wasn't here with us. He was trying to get over the whole nightmare thing. It really got under his skin. Which is saying something because nothing gets under his skin that easily. "So...Oliver. How's your witchcraft been going?" Freya asked him. "Okay...I guess. I'm trying get stronger so I can protect everyone." He said with a determined look on his face. "Well...you keep practicing and you'll be the strongest person in the house in no time." Freya said smiling as she shoved forkful of eggs into her mouth. Hope was staring longingly at the chair where Klaus was usually found. "He's not coming back...is he?" Hope asked. Freya looked at me. "Sweetie, you know what it means to have your dad close to you. It'll destroy the world and everyone on it." Freya said. "Can I be excused?" Hope asked standing up. "Sure." I said watching her leave. "If the only thing that's keeping Uncle Nik from coming back home is magic...then why don't you just put it into something else and kill that?" Ollie asked. 

"Oliver. We don't condone the killing of innocent people." I said. "I never said it had to be an innocent person. It could be a murderer or a psychopath. I personally vote Elijah." He said. "Oliver!" I exclaimed. "Do you blame me? He's the reason you almost died, isn't it? I think it's fitting." He said slumping into his chair crossing his arms over his chest. "I don't care if he ripped out my heart. Ollie. We. Don't. Kill. Family." I said. "Maybe that's why this family is so complicated in the first place! You guys won't do anything to bring everyone back!" Oliver argued before getting up from the table and storming off to his room. I put my head in my hands and sighed. "He's got a point Hayley." Stiles said from the entryway of the dining room. "It's been too long. Hope needs to have her father before she grows up and has kids of her own." He said. "And Elijah...is a lost cause. And sadly...I agree with Ollie. No one should be allowed to live after doing that you." He said. "Stiles. He's your brother." I countered. "Brothers don't try to keep siblings from saving their wife." He argued. "If anything..." He said before sighing. He shook his head. "You know. You're right. I guess...I'm letting my emotions get the best of me." He said. He put on a smile and walked to me placing a kiss on my head. "I'm gonna go talk to Oliver." He said before speeding away.

D   A   Y   S      L   A   T   E   R

O   L   I   V   E   R

I went through dad's grimoire searching for spells that would make me stronger. I wasn't able to defend mom...it's time to change that. Hope walked in suddenly and looked at me. "What are you doing?" She asked going through dad's shelves of grimoires. "Nothing. What about you?" I asked deflecting her question. "Nothing." She answered grabbing a grimoire. "Cool." I said. She went to leave before stopping. "Wait a minute. What are you doing in here? You know you're supposed to be in here." She said. "Look who's talking." I said continuing to read the grimoire. "Yeah? Well...I'm older than you. So." Hope said snatching the grimoire from me. "Hey! Give that back!" I shouted reaching for it. Hope placed her hand to my head keeping me back. "What are you doing looking at these spells? These spells could kill you if you can't contain them or worse." She said closing the grimoire and looking at me. "So what? I wasn't able to stop Roman...I want to be able to." I said grabbing the book from her. Hope sighed. She squatted down in front of me. "Ollie. You're seven. Roman is 90 years old. He could kill you if he wanted to." She said. "Not if I do the spell that makes me stronger." I pointed out. "Yeaah? And what happens if you do the spell wrong? Huh? You'll die. And mom and dad will be devastated." She said. I looked up at her. "I don't want them to be sad...I just wanna protect mom." I said quietly as tears fell onto the grimoire. "I know kiddo. I know." Hope said pulling me into a hug. "But you can't protect mom if you're dead, can you?" She asked picking me up. I shook my head. "No." I answered softly. "Alright. I'll make you a deal. If you promise to not do that spell...then I promise to train you and show you powerful spells that you can safely perform. Sound cool?" She asked with a smile wiping away a tear. I nodded my head. "Alright! Now get outta here, you little runt." She said putting me down. I ran off and headed downstairs.