Chapter 34

I sat next to the fireplace at night and stared into it. Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah had gone back to the Quarter. Hayley was the only one here besides Hope and me. "She's asleep." I heard from behind. I saw Hayley at the entryway. "It's so quiet with the others gone. So we didn't get to say our wishes. Can I tell you mine?" Hayley said. I nodded staring at her. "It's a hope actually," She started as I furrowed my eyebrows. "That you'll understand what I have to tell you." Hayley finished. "And what is it?" I asked. "My wolves. I think figured out a way to release them from the witches." Hayley said. I stood up and took a step forward intrigued, furrowing my eyebrows. "They can control when they're turning without the rings and bring peace to our home so that...Hope could return to us...But there's a catch...I have to marry Jackson." Hayley said. My mouth dropped and my eyes went wide as I looked away taken aback from what I just heard. "It's a...uh mystical ceremony and then an Alpha bonding ritual." Hayley said.

I turned away and looked out the window. "Stiles. I know you and I haven't been exactly close recently due to your Ripper predicament. But you have to know...that this isn't about him. I don't love Jackson. At the same time I couldn't marry him and still be involved with you." Hayley said. I stared at a single spot trying to process everything. "So...I should just-" Hayley started before I turned around and grabbed her wrist. She turned around and looked at me. I pulled her close to me and kissed her lips. I pulled back and looked at her. "Marry him." I whispered. "What?" Hayley asked. "Listen to me. The only way that this city will be safe for Hope's return is if you have unified your people and I have unified my own. And Davina will eventually lead her witches. Whatever that girl may be...she is no enemy to your child. Do what you need to bring your daughter home....This is my wish for you." I said with tears in my eyes. Hayley gently pressed her hand to the side of my face looking at my eyes. She dropped her hand still staring at me for a couple of seconds before her lips crashed into mine. She pushed me forward and I slammed into the bookcase. I pushed forward and spun us around. She pressed back into the shelf and looked at me kissing me. She ripped my shirt off and I ripped her dress off. She pushed me back onto the ottoman and sat on my thighs kissing my underjaw. I flipped her over and stood kissing her neck down to her collarbone. I traveled back up to her lips and we stayed there...until morning.