Chapter 87

D A Y S   L A T E R

H A Y L E Y

I stared at the urn on the table in the middle of the estate. It was his ashes....Stiles' ashes. "You know eventually...we're going to have to do the ceremony." Klaus said walking up behind us. "Doesn't it worry that you these are Stiles ashes and yet Cassius is still alive and breathing?" I asked. "Call it a miracle. Maybe Stiles performed one last spell to keep his sire line alive. He's powerful enough to. And Cassius is practically like a son to him. He wouldn't want him to die along with him. No matter what." Klaus said staring at the urn. "What Rebekah said is true...Everything we love turns to ash." Elijah announced from behind us wearing a full black suit and trench coat. "Didn't think we would be talking about Stiles though." I breathed out. "I'm sure...Stiles is looking down on us peacefully while also currently haunting Lucien with murderous intent." Klaus said with a smile. "Actually...I believe Stiles would be doing more than just haunting Lucien...he'd be terrorizing him to the point that Lucien wished he kill himself. To end his suffering." Elijah countered. "Sounds like something Stiles would do." Freya said walking down the stairs with Cassius. They were both dressed in black formal attire. Kol and Davina, who dressed in a similar fashion descended behind them. "Well...this is the most depressing we've ever looked." Kol joked. Klaus picked up the ashes and smiled warmly as he handed it to me. "I think it was a wise decision to have Mieczy's memorial separate from Finn's." Elijah said. "Why? To make us feel twice as miserable?" Kol asked. "That's how Stiles would want us to feel." Klaus said. "Can't argue with that." Kol said as we got into separate cars. Elijah, Klaus, Freya, Cassius, and I piled into Klaus's Range Rover. While, Kol and Davina got into Stiles' Mustang. "This feels weird." I said looking down at the urn in my lap. "I don't think it's supposed to be feel good, Hayley." Cassius stated from the back. "Someone did tell Scott and the others...right?" I asked. Klaus sighed before shaking his head. "No." He answered. I could tell he felt horrible for saying that. Given how close the relationship between Stiles and Scott was. It felt wrong not telling Scott and the rest of his friends in Beacon Hills. "I have Derek's number. I can give him a call." I muttered. Klaus looked over at me as he took a right turn near the St. Louis Cathedral. I called the number and glanced at Klaus, his eyes were fixated on the road. "We already know, Hayley." Derek said as he picked up. "You know?" I asked. 

"Lydia. Her visions of foretelling death have become more accurate and more unsettling." Derek explained. "She saw what happened?" I asked. "She saw everything. Including the cremation." Derek said. "We saw it as well." He added. "Wait. What do you mean you saw it? I thought only Lydia could see the visions?" I asked confused. "She mastered the ability to bring people into her visions. Kinda weird watching it happen and not being there to prevent it." Derek said. "I know the feeling." I mumbled. "I'm sorry. I know what he was to you." He said. A tear rolled down my face. "Derek! Allison threw up again!" A woman shouted from the background. "Sorry. I have to go. My kid needs me. I'm sure you understand." Derek said. "I know the feeling." I said before he hung up. "So...Derek has a child now." Elijah said. "Sorry. Couldn't stop myself from eavesdropping. You're three and a half feet away from my ears." Elijah added. "You're fine. They already knew...Lydia showed them." I said. "That's the redhead right?" Cassius asked. "Yes." I replied. "Got it. Sorry the last time they were here...I was kind of losing my mind. Terrified that I was about to die." He said. "Still don't know how I'm not dead yet." He muttered to himself. "The only explanation is that he performed a last minute spell that the lives of you and the rest of his sire line from certain death." Freya answered him. I sighed as Klaus pulled up to the harbor and stopped the vehicle. Davina, Kol, Marcel, and Vincent were already there. "Let's do this, shall we?" Klaus said as we got out of the car and walked over to the others. "Why are we always getting together for either a fight, survival, or someone's death?" Marcel asked. "Because the world is out to get us. They thought they should take someone else we care about to spite us." Klaus said. "It's gonna be weird not hearing his sarcasm anymore. Or his threats." Marcel said looking out at the harbor. "I think we could all do without his violent threats." Cassius stated. "Let's get this over with. I can't handle another one of these." Kol said. I looked over to him with tears in my eyes. He had tears of his own that he was fighting back. I looked down at the ashes in my hands and hesitated at opening the urn. Klaus grabbed my hands gently and squeezed. I glanced up at him to see his eyes red and teary. He took the urn from me with a sincere smile. He turned to the harbor. He opened the urn.

"I never thought I'd being doing another funeral for you. You were supposed to outlive us all. You were my younger blood brother and I wasn't there to protect you...But I promise you...I am going to slowly peel the skin off of Lucien's body while he's still breathing to make him pay for this." Klaus threatened. He took out a handful of Stiles' ashes and threw into the wind. The ashes traveling across the water. He handed the urn to me. "I'm not going to get used to saying goodbye to you. We never spoke to each other after Jackson's funeral. You were busy with saving your sire line...and I was busy grieving. Looking back...I should've been with you fighting Lucien. The next time I see him, I'll be sure to tell him you said "Hello"...by tearing his heart out and feeding it to the Crescents." I spat. I grabbed a handful of the ashes and threw into the harbor. I handed the urn over to Elijah and we went down the line saying our final goodbyes to Stiles. "May the legend of Stiles Mikaelson live on forever." Marcel said. Goodbye and Rest in Peace, Foxy. Tell Jackson I said Hi.